Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Fair warning--GSX for P3D is broken again. Don't update.

In the latest saga of GSX for P3D's ongoing decline in QA, users are now seeing Couatl go into a loop of constantly restarting itself. So, don't update.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Dated when? I flew yesterday and nothing amiss.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I believe I saw something like this sometime last week. It crashed a few times, then "gave up". The FSDT stuff (GSX, sceneries) was then missing, of course. Haven't used the sim since then.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Thanks for the heads up. Saw the available update pop up in the sim and have ignored. 

Orman

I have the latest update and yesterday flew EGCC-HESH. No problem with jetway or pushback at Manchester or stairs and bus at Sharm El Sheikh.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I don’t see the loop but the recent updates seem to have broken FS Labs integration - both refuelling and boarding - see the GSX forum. OK if you use GSX “manually”.

I'm sure Umberto will solve the problem, if there's one. We do appreciate that he's still supporting GSX for P3D and hope that this will continue. 

• Like 1

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

The other thing I have noticed is all services immediately disappearing after the marshal waves me off.  

It used to be I could sit and watch him walk back to the gate but now I get the wave off and GSX just disappears immediately.  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

is it a few ini files affected like last time? 

I did a night flight last night and it was fine at both ends.  Mumbai and Heathrow.,

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, psolk said:

The other thing I have noticed is all services immediately disappearing after the marshal waves me off.  

It used to be I could sit and watch him walk back to the gate but now I get the wave off and GSX just disappears immediately.  

That's deliberate. I don't agree with it (that would happen before once the aircraft started moving), but 🤷‍♂️.

GSX works fine for me. If it's broken for FSLabs, it may be something related to their integration with GSX - so there's two codebases involved.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

did he fix it?  I tried a flight with the fslabs yesterday, got a crash to desktop

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

I updated to the March 16th update. No problem here. A crash can have many reason, not only GSX.

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

On 3/11/2023 at 2:09 PM, FOD said:

I don’t see the loop but the recent updates seem to have broken FS Labs integration - both refuelling and boarding - see the GSX forum. OK if you use GSX “manually”.

FSLabs, GSX, Pilot2ATC all working fine on my system with all current updates. 

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB