Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

MSFS Boeing B-314 "The Clipper" for MSFS released!

What a surprise! 😁

https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=9633a8c6-b041-4c42-b5fd-c9062043ee76

B-314_Release_Shots_08.jpg

Edited by dragonflightdesign
  • Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Btw. so who did it? :biggrin:  

On 2/28/2023 at 10:38 PM, dragonflightdesign said:

Have no idea - I'm not really involved in that one. I updated some textures for it but that was it.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Just installing. Will report back. I loved the plane in P3D, so unique.

• Like 1

Very much hyped by this as I really enjoyed the P3D version.

Any plans on releasing it to the usual distributors? (Simmarket / OrbX / Contrail / iniBuiilds)
I'm trying to have everything in as little places possible 😕

• Like 1

17 hours ago, YoYo said:

Btw. so who did it? :biggrin:  

A very long list of people. 😉

Jerome

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flyingfrog said:

Very much hyped by this as I really enjoyed the P3D version.

Any plans on releasing it to the usual distributors? (Simmarket / OrbX / Contrail / iniBuiilds)
I'm trying to have everything in as little places possible 😕

Yes, also the MSFS Marketplace.

Please note that the PILOT'S B-314 will be priced significantly more favourable at our own web shop.

Jerome

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PILOT'S said:

Yes, also the MSFS Marketplace.

Please note that the PILOT'S B-314 will be priced significantly more favourable at our own web shop.

Jerome

Good to know ;).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

This is just a first impression. I haven't had the time for a full flight  yet and didn't test the gyro, but at least I now have an idea about the model.

What I liked:

- Textures and modelling are better than in P3D. Exterior they are really good. Interior they are not the best I have seen in MSFS, but the team has made a very good effort, given how sparse the information about this airplane is. Keep in mind, the last Clipper was scrapped in 1951, I am commending the team to revive that airplane in the first place.

- To my great joy, there is now an interior cabin for passengers. That was not included in the P3D version.

- I was able to start the plane from cold and dark, feeding from my recollection of the P3D airplane (which I last flew about 2 years ago).

What could be improved:

- There is no in-game check list. Given that a lot of the engine management happens at the flight engineer's desk, that could make it difficult for most people to start from cold and dark. I have created in-game checklists for other planes in the past (PMDG DC6, Fenix A320), but I couldn't find any hints (Lvars/instrument names) in the configuration files that would enable me to do that for the Clipper.

- This airplane is quite special. I strongly recommend tutorial videos, otherwise many people may get lost in it. Just think about the frustration many users will have until they figure out that the mooring buoys are operated using the mooring lights at the back of the engineering/navigation deck.

- Compared to the P3D version, quite a few switches are not implemented, although they are mentioned in the recommended operating procedures. Plane heat and radio power are examples. At least they should be declared INOP in the procedures, but I really think they should be implemented.

- Camera targets are a bit random. For instance, views of the interior passenger cabin are available under "external 1,2,3,...". Some other views put me into empty space in the nose of the airplane.

- The flight model seems a bit random. One time, I was almost unable to get the plane out of the water. Another time, the plane went into steep climb right after losing contact with water. My guess would be that the effect of flaps is exaggertated.

All in all, a great start with room for improvement. I am looking forward to the updates.

Peter

• Like 1

Hi folks,

After my first flight yesterday theres a couple things I felt.

As mentioned in the post above, the aircraft seems to be 'snagging' at the very back as you rotate, the impact with that point on the underside causes the nose to jolt back down in a very unrealistic manner.

I have only flown the B314A model yet as I am a BOAC fanatic, but on the gyropilot there is the heading knob which is not in a correct position in 3d space, and then the other things for me would be the general features that are missing such as a correctly working Gyropilot, fuel system etc etc. I'm assuming this MSFS version will be modded up to the same functionary state as its counterpart in P3D? Or is this going to be a B314 'lite' feature version based on it's cheaper price than the P3D version? I worry that this MSFS won't reach the same level of systems features that the P3D one has. My big problem with the P3D version which I own, is it would continually crash and the systems were not polished. I think most of those issues in P3D have now been sorted, despite that I would prefer to fly the 314 in MSFS as its a more stable sim for me and the fps makes for a much smoother experience. 

Regards,

-Peter

• Like 1

PILOT'S are keeping a bug list. I understand that many of those currently non-working instruments etc. will work in future updates. I also understand that eventually it will be brought up to the P3D standard.

Note my wording. I am not involved in the coding of this. YoYo; yes, you did recognise the internal textures - they were ported from the P3D version. I also did the liveries for Capetown Clipper and Bangor, but that sums up my total input into the MSFS version.

The aircraft manual is the one I wrote for P3D which is why I am listed as research and development.

@Mantock: you are correct in saying that the P3D version is now sorted. Within the limitations of the sim and the shortage of information, I believe that it is as good as it is going to get.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, dragonflightdesign said:

PILOT'S are keeping a bug list. I understand that many of those currently non-working instruments etc. will work in future updates. I also understand that eventually it will be brought up to the P3D standard.

Hi Dragonflight,

that is a sad thing to hear that you are not involved anymore. You did a great job on the P3D version, and yes, I recognized the manual from the P3D version. It is a work of love.

Peter

• Like 1

Hi Peter

I've just seen your area location. Within the not too distant future you should be able to go over to the Botwood museum and bother the P3D version there!

As for not being involved: it was my decision not to learn to program for MSFS because it's a shifting goalpost with every new update. Once the SDK reaches version 1.0 I may reconsider that.

-Dai

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 10:19 PM, dragonflightdesign said:

As for not being involved: it was my decision not to learn to program for MSFS because it's a shifting goalpost with every new update. Once the SDK reaches version 1.0 I may reconsider that.

-Dai

I and many others here can only hope that Asobo will HURRY UP then 🥵

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot