Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Must reinstall FSX...need your advice!

For several reasons, including a call to Dell this morning, I need to reinstall FSX. I had some issues with Drivers that were not loading properly, and I couldn't boot up. After eliminating everything plugged in by USB, I found the culprit...my Track IR driver.Besides that, I've had to make some changes and Internet Explorer was set back to default.My FSX is crawling and loading very slowly. I want to reinstall SLOWLY over the next few days (addons) and do everything right. Should I or should I NOT install the FSX update (SP1)? I seem to remember it working faster without it.I know I'll defrag before reinstalling...after uninstalling FSX. Just looking for advice from the experts here...some of whom I know had to do this.

YES, YES.....you definitely want to install SP1. FSX will run much better with it installed.

I don't think FSX without SP1 is supported by addon designers or MS, so I don't think you really have a choice, unless you want to go it alone.scott s..

Thanks,I start my UNINSTALL tonight. You know, this is kind of exciting. I'm looking forward to reinstalling....and doing it correctly.Tell me, do you uninstall FSX first or do you uninstall in pieces....like Cloud 9, FS Genesis, etc. first, then uninstall the core program, FSX LAST?

Sounds logical. I'll do SP1 first, then all the scenery addons, and anything else related to FSX....then FSX itself.I'm now going to wait until tomorrow...getting late. Hope everyone had a good "Labor Day" Holiday if you celebrated it.

Just one thought Stan. If the machine is running slowly it may be that the FSX uninstall will take some time. Do not, under any circumstances, cancel or abort the FSX uninstall no matter how slowly it runs. Doing so could corrupt the installer which may, in turn, lead to a complete OS reinstall to get things right again. (This appears one of the possible causes of the dreaded 1722 error).Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.