Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Help! Whole screen flashes white when mousing over 2D panels!

Guest jrobert

Hi,I've noticed that when ever I mouse over a 2D panel where a help tip appears, the whole screen will momentarly flash white for about 3 seconds and then return to normal. FSX is the only simulator that does this. I've used FS2004 and other previous simulators where I hold the mouse over a 2D panel to get the help tips and this type of flashing doesn't occur. Any help would be appriciated.System specs:Processor: Intel Core2 Duo 6700 (2.67Ghz)Memory: Corsair DDR2 XMS2 6400 1GB (x2)Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L (rev.1)Video Card: nVidia Geforce 7600GT KOSound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS

I had a similar problem when pressing the shift key. I read in the forums a tip about disabling tool tips. I did this and haven't had a problem since. It seems to be a problem with the graphics driver. Until (if) Nvidia issues a fix then this is the work around for me.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Try turning off Antiailiasing if its on.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest jrobert

Hi,Any idea how to disable tool-tips then? I can't find anything in the forums on this.

Guest jrobert

Hi,Antiailiasing is already disabled - better system preformance anyway. ;)

Turning off tool tips is located in the Display section of the settings page. In the Cockpit settings section underneath the 3-D and 2-D Cockpit options is a check box for show cockpit tooltips.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest jrobert

Hi,That did the trick! Thanks! I hope that this bug is fixed in the next patch for FSX.

>Hi,>>That did the trick! Thanks! I hope that this bug is fixed in>the next patch for FSX.>>It's not a bug in FSX. It's a bug in the video driver.I went back to version 84.xx of the vid driver and there are no problems.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I get the flashing too and I have an ATI card, so the culprit can only be FSX. Disabling the tooltips worked for me, a shame though as they can be useful!

Guest jrobert

Hi,If it were a bug in the video driver, then I'd get this type of flashing on all my other flight simulators (FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, CFS, CFS2, and CFS3). Why then is FSX the only sim in which this flashing occurs then if it isn't a problem with the coding inside FSX? Besides, rabid_david indicates in his post on this thread that he too gets the flashing even when using an ATI card.

>Hi,>>If it were a bug in the video driver, then I'd get this type>of flashing on all my other flight simulators (FS98, FS2000,>FS2002, FS2004, CFS, CFS2, and CFS3). Why then is FSX the only>sim in which this flashing occurs then if it isn't a problem>with the coding inside FSX? Besides, rabid_david indicates in>his post on this thread that he too gets the flashing even>when using an ATI card.>>If it were a bug in FSX, then why did I switch to an old driver, and the problem went away? ;)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Guest BobKK

It's obvious then that the bug is in FSX and NOT the drivers of any particular video card. This only happens to me on two aircraft, the Kingair and the Baron.

ok, and why do I have this problem with my ATI card and different drivers in FSX only? Well, not the latest driver for my "old" rig, since I hate to change drivers all the time when they work perfectly otherwise. :) But still....Rodger

>ok, and why do I have this problem with my ATI card and>different drivers in FSX only? Well, not the latest driver for>my "old" rig, since I hate to change drivers all the time when>they work perfectly otherwise. :) But still....>>RodgerYou answered a question with a question, :) ;)All I can say is, I switched drivers, problem went away, therefore by logic/deductive reasoning it has to be a driver problem on my install.You have a similar card to mine. I suggest you change to the 84.xx series driver and see if that doesn't cure it for you. I think the one I put on my fs rig was 84.21. You can obtain old drivers on the net, if you Google for it.Many times video card makers will add new features to new versions of drivers that have a negative impact on older cards. I think that's what has happened with the newer nVidia drivers.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Guest jrobert

Hi,I just swapped out my nvidia geforce 7600gtko for an ATI Radeon X1650 pro, installed the latest ATI drivers from http://ati.amd.com and the problem with the white-flashing of the screen when mousing over 2D panels persists. So... IMHO... it absolutely cannot be a problem with the nvidia driver.. It MUST be a bug in FSX.