Sign in to follow this  
dokelly07

Road traffic!!! help?

Ok heres the deal. I would like to run road traffic at 10%, not much - but not a huge FPS hit. All is good accept for the fact that I have flat embedded car graphics as part of the road texture itself. Has anyone else noticed this. The road texture has "built in" traffic on it. Seems like I need a new texture that is simply a solid color, because moving cars on top look a little strange...is there a fix. I have disabled the road textures from within X graphics but it does nothing.....thanks in advanceDanon O.

Guest RonB49

My default road textures don't look like that. I'm not familiar with X Graphics but do you need to reload the original textures after you disable the XG ones? That's all I can think of unless you've previously installed some other (nondefault) texture set. R-

>Ok heres the deal. I would like to run road traffic at 10%,>not much - but not a huge FPS hit. All is good accept for the>fact that I have flat embedded car graphics as part of the>road texture itself. Has anyone else noticed this. The road>texture has "built in" traffic on it. Seems like I need a new>texture that is simply a solid color, because moving cars on>top look a little strange...>>is there a fix. I have disabled the road textures from within>X graphics but it does nothing.....>>thanks in advance>Danon O.The cars embedded in the road are from Ultimate Terrain X. Also keep in mind that Ultimate terrain adds many more roads with traffic on them which equates to more of a performance hit.

I believe you are running Ultimate Terrain/X?Or perhaps another road texture program?I've built a new set of textures for Ultimate Terrain/X that don't have the cars in the texture. It's not quite finished yet. I'll try to get Allen to help me finish them and release them as a patch.(I couldn't modify the textures with the street lights on them).I haven't seen a huge hit with the extra traffic that UT/X provides over the hit I get when I turn traffic on without UT/X. There is some hit, but, for me, it is rather negligible compared to when I turn traffic on without UT/X active. Perhaps because the textures are already loaded and it's just more of the same cars active?Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

That would be great! I have narrowed it down to Ultimate Terrain. In order to have the more realistic roads and road routes, I also must have their road texture, which has embedded cars on it. Kinda wonder why they did that, knowing that many of us would opt to have real moving traffic on top...?? Anyway, looks like im stuck here until you finish your texture set....that will rock when you get it done btw... thanks for the help guys, lets keep eachother posted on this one.Danon O

I agree, love ultimate traffic but the car textures are a bit distracting and I'm guessing they could be left over from the FS9 textures? Still, one of the best products for FS.Ian.

Guest PhilC

The car textures can be removed in UTX if you don't mind spending a little time in the UTX Setup Tool.Open the tool and go to "Advanced" and then "Modify Texture Mappings for Ultimate Terrain Features".Click on the "Roads" radio button.Click on each road type (yes, there are a lot of them). Pay attention to what the current setting is and then change it to the same type but select the "No Traffic" version.Click Done when you are finished.If the "No Traffic" version does not exist for a particular road type, then either ignore it or choose a road type close to the default one.This has no effect on the actual moving traffic, just the textures.

can't wait to try this when I get home! Thanks for the tip. Btw...car traffic is a HUGE FPS hit. At 10 percent I go from 38 locked anywhere to 21 in a city (houston). But yea, this should help the realism.thanks againDanon

I'm sorry, I did not mean to say that traffic does not cause much of a performance hit for me. It is probably the biggest hit I see on any of my machines compared to any other slider (not counting water 2.x or bloom). What I meant was that, for some reason, on my machines, my performance does not go down significantly with UT/X compared to default traffic.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

no worries, I didnt even notice that you had said that, I was just pointing out an observation of my own....I think when Im flying heavies I will leave the road traffic off, and when im GA I will turn it on, seems to work well that way on my end. I will be liking the look of road surfaces free of the 2d image though!! :)Danon - -