Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

KPHX By BMWorld & AmSim RELEASED

Not sure about the hype that's being created here to be perfectly honest. This is a good scenery but it's far from being the "best KPHX in history" as Flightbeam's scenery has features that look better even in P3D, most notably ground textures and markings. The buildings in this scenery also aren't quite up there with FB quality, especially the tower doesn't look that good (it's basically flat textures) as do some of the other buildings.

I'm probably going to wait for Flightbeam's scenery that should look better than this judging by their usual quality and their other MSFS products.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

16 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'd take a Flightbeam airport over any other dev any given day, and I think many people think so. That said, are you still actively working on PHX after today?

Quote:

It's not going to change much for me, they're still going to be released with the expected Flightbeam level of quality, performance and updates.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I am going to wait for Flightbeam's as well. While the freeware on FSTO has its issues (dang bumpy taxiways), my need for KPHX isn't so great I need a stop gap.

I am very happy with the handful of Flightbeam airports I bought recently so I will enjoy those whole waiting.

49 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Nobody has done Tucson yet. Just saying. 

You know, FS markert is very interesting thing. For years, New Zealand had been neglected by airport developers. Now we have all 4 major NZ airports in excellent quality. Go figure...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SP2472 said:

I'm sure Mir of Flightbeam is not happy about this release.

Darryl

His message in this thread says it all.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

57 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Hey guys!

So I've received some interesting messages recently and been seeing some head-scratching comments 😄
Let's clear the air: Congrats to BMWorld and AMSim for their release! No.. I am not "mad" or displeased. It's a free market, any developer can create whatever they want. The notion that we "planted" our flag at KPHX is completely laughable. The reason KPHX even got on our roadmap is by customer demand. So I put it on the roadmap - it's really quite that simple. It was never reserved, or expected to be held up by Flightbeam. These guys have released it first, so now all the folks that wanted PHX badly can now enjoy it, this is great!

It's also truly sad seeing some toxic comments like that mention customer have "lost my business". Flightbeam has been serving the FS Community since 2010, and I make sure every product is kept up to date by providing free updates since the inception of this business. It's already quite well known that I don't rush products. Every single product takes a long time, because I put a lot of care and detail into it. So yes, things are going to take time, that is the reality of high quality products. Other developers have 100% right to work on our roadmap airports in the meantime. It's not going to change much for me, they're still going to be released with the expected Flightbeam level of quality, performance and updates. The same thing goes for other devs, we will be working on airports you may have already released.

In the meantime, thumbs up to BMWorld for the great rendition of PHX! You should purchase and support this, and any other developer you want if you enjoy this hobby. It keeps the addon market going strong.

Class act! Flightbeam will always have my business! 

I love the comment about purchasing and supporting to keep the addon market strong because at the end of the day that is what this community is all about! 

• Like 3

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

1 hour ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Hey guys!

So I've received some interesting messages recently and been seeing some head-scratching comments 😄
Let's clear the air: Congrats to BMWorld and AMSim for their release! No.. I am not "mad" or displeased. It's a free market, any developer can create whatever they want. The notion that we "planted" our flag at KPHX is completely laughable. The reason KPHX even got on our roadmap is by customer demand. So I put it on the roadmap - it's really quite that simple. It was never reserved, or expected to be held up by Flightbeam. These guys have released it first, so now all the folks that wanted PHX badly can now enjoy it, this is great!

It's also truly sad seeing some toxic comments like that mention customer have "lost my business". Flightbeam has been serving the FS Community since 2010, and I make sure every product is kept up to date by providing free updates since the inception of this business. It's already quite well known that I don't rush products. Every single product takes a long time, because I put a lot of care and detail into it. So yes, things are going to take time, that is the reality of high quality products. Other developers have 100% right to work on our roadmap airports in the meantime. It's not going to change much for me, they're still going to be released with the expected Flightbeam level of quality, performance and updates. The same thing goes for other devs, we will be working on airports you may have already released.

In the meantime, thumbs up to BMWorld for the great rendition of PHX! You should purchase and support this, and any other developer you want if you enjoy this hobby. It keeps the addon market going strong.

Any word on where KMSP is at in your timeframe?

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

5 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Any word on where KMSP is at in your timeframe?

And SFO....

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

14 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

And SFO....

Probably before the summer. 

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

59 minutes ago, Nixoq said:

Not sure about the hype that's being created here to be perfectly honest. This is a good scenery but it's far from being the "best KPHX in history" as Flightbeam's scenery has features that look better even in P3D, most notably ground textures and markings. The buildings in this scenery also aren't quite up there with FB quality, especially the tower doesn't look that good (it's basically flat textures) as do some of the other buildings.

I'm probably going to wait for Flightbeam's scenery that should look better than this judging by their usual quality and their other MSFS products.

It is a little strange to compare what already exists with what does not exist. Let's see the Flightbeam's version first, and then compare the quality of the textures and the number of custom objects. And the comparison with P3D is a little alarming.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flying-Hare said:

It is a little strange to compare what already exists with what does not exist. Let's see the Flightbeam's version first, and then compare the quality of the textures and the number of custom objects. And the comparison with P3D is a little alarming.)

It's not alarming at all.  The ground textures at airports in p3d look better than MSFS.  Mostly because of projected mesh.  But the comparison isn't alarming.  I may prefer most things in msfs to p3d.  But this is undeniable.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, Flying-Hare said:

No, it's not strange at all. Flightbeam have proven what quality level they develop on for over a decade and there's no reason to assume they will push out a subpar scenery all of a sudden, so comparing their existing products with this and deduce the quality their KPHX is most likely going to be works just fine. The comparison with their P3D KPHX is also not alarming (?) at all because I had a look at both and find the ground textures and markings (and some of the buildings) in FB KPHX in P3D more realistic looking.

Edited by Nixoq
  • Like 2

Only 3 more hours of work left... I know what I am doing tonight.   I have been a BMWorld supporter since day one...well maybe day 11, and I have a few AmSim products as well but the two of them together is an instant buy.  I was not dissapointed with their Seattle so judging by screenshots I will not be dissapointed here.

I'm so elated that after word not allowed near 3 years we finally have Phoenix!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, aniiran said:

I'm so elated that after word not allowed near 3 years we finally have Phoenix!

All the “drama” aside this is what really matters. We have a very good rendition of PHX available now to those who want it.

• Upvote 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png