Sign in to follow this  
avallillo

4 course radio range in LNM

The Boeing 247, over in MSFS, contains the data to fly with the old 4 course Adcock ranges just like in the old days.  Well, not exactly just like, since there are no geographic or weather influences on reception, which drove the old time guys nuts, but it is good enough for government work!  They even include some files that port their station locations over to LNM.  But they come over as TACANS, instead of radio ranges, at least in terms of the icon.

There is an old thread about how to change the icon over to the regular range icon, but it is difficult to understand (at least for me!).  First of all, the waypoints in my iteration of LNM contain tacans that are probably actually actual tacans; ie, they have three letter identifiers, whereas the others have 2 letter identifiers which would make them more likely to be the old 4 course ranges.  Is that the key to knowing the difference?  And if it is, how to go about changing the icon for around 700 such entries? 

8 hours ago, avallillo said:

There is an old thread about how to change the icon over to the regular range icon, but it is difficult to understand (at least for me!). 

There is a radio range icon type for userpoints in LNM but this does not change heading.

First of all, the waypoints in my iteration of LNM contain tacans that are probably actually actual tacans;

Depends on the simulator and the selection in the Navigraph menu in scenery library. MSFS and FSX do not provide TACANs. They are shown as DME. Navigraph, X-Plane and P3D have TACANs.

And if it is, how to go about changing the icon for around 700 such entries? 

LNM userpoint bulk edit: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/latest/en/USERPOINT.html#edit-userpoints see section "26.3.2. Multiple Userpoints".

Alex