Sign in to follow this  
Grumpster

Glider control assingments...?

I love gliders, but have been turned off by my inability to assign speed brakes to the throttle axis of my X52 HOTAS.  I have tried various sliders but I never see any air brake action in the sim.  Related problem is assigning tow release, and especially ballast dump somewhere.  I only fly VR so keyboard shortcuts don't really do it for me.

Hope this is solvable, because I truly want to love gliders in this sim!!

Appreciate any guidance or feedback on this, thanks!

edit

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

7 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

edit

Umm, thanks for viewing the thread.  Unfortunately, all it says now is 'edit'. Not sure what you mean.

I created a separate profile for Gliders in MFS, and as I also use the HOTAS of an old broken X52 Pro together with the T16000, I assigned the Spoilers axis to the X52 HOTAS throttle without any problem ?

Searching for identical problems I found:

Spoiler Axis - Community Support / Tech Support - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums  apparently wrong action chosen for spoiler axis;

Even better here: Spoilers Management in MSFS - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

Maybe you're trying to use that "SPOILERS AXIS (0 to 100%)" and should use the action named simply "SPOILER AXIS" ?

Edited by cagarini

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

14 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

edit

Sorry Grumpster, I wrote something which was a little obvious, so deleted it! :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Just to clarify,  the sim allows you to create control profiles.   You can save profiles in the control menu, and then use the left-right arrows under your controller to change profiles and apply them. 

The profiles won't switch automatically,   you'll have to switch profiles when you switch aircraft.

You can use an app like Spad Next,  or Axis and Ohs,  to change profiles automagically.   (and a whole lot more)

Fantastic folks!  Got it sorted.  (turned out I had a filter set that was hiding the 'spoiler axis'.  Found it, and it set itself to the throttle axis no problem.  Got release and water ballast working as well! Woo hoo - now to explore gliders!!

On 3/15/2023 at 1:15 PM, Waldo Pepper said:

Just to clarify,  the sim allows you to create control profiles.   You can save profiles in the control menu, and then use the left-right arrows under your controller to change profiles and apply them. 

The profiles won't switch automatically,   you'll have to switch profiles when you switch aircraft.

You can use an app like Spad Next,  or Axis and Ohs,  to change profiles automagically.   (and a whole lot more)

Hmmm  Good to know.  How do you name a profile?  I tried clicking on the name it was using, but didn't see any edit function.