Sign in to follow this  
mslim

metallic banging sound on MilViz Beaver?

I always felt the Beaver was one of the best default Airplanes in the original FSX. I bought a Turbo Otter from MilViz but never bonded with it. I was excited to see the Beaver was offered as one of the generous "freebies" from Blackbird.

I have a problem in that once the revs are advanced above 2300 rpm there's an irritating metallic banging sound. Has anyone else experienced it?

I thought maybe I had screwed up the download or gotten a corrupted file so I uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times but I can't make the banging go away. Any thoughts would be welcome.🤨

Have you checked the oil cap? In the Milviz Beaver, it can become loose and start to rattle. A nice little Easter egg from the dev...

5 hours ago, mslim said:

I always felt the Beaver was one of the best default Airplanes in the original FSX. I bought a Turbo Otter from MilViz but never bonded with it. I was excited to see the Beaver was offered as one of the generous "freebies" from Blackbird.

I have a problem in that once the revs are advanced above 2300 rpm there's an irritating metallic banging sound. Has anyone else experienced it?

I thought maybe I had screwed up the download or gotten a corrupted file so I uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times but I can't make the banging go away. Any thoughts would be welcome.🤨

Hi,

If I remember correctly it is Engine Detonation. In this aircraft you must keep the carburetor temperature in the green zone, even if you have to use the carburetor heat even at takeoff.

http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=7796

Richard.

• Like 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Just now, DrumsArt said:

If I remember correctly it is Engine Detonation.

Hehe, yep just what I was going to say, that banging sound is the engine on the way to self destruction.

5 hours ago, mslim said:

I bought a Turbo Otter from MilViz but never bonded with it.

I too bought the Turbo Otter and it did take some getting used to as the engine realism most definitely meant keeping the gauges out of the red sections lest the engine dies, which for myself was often untill I got the hang of it.

Cheers

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D