Sign in to follow this  
DaveS

Too many special liveries

It seems like after one of the updates I now get too many special liveries loading as static aircraft. For example, loading at KAUS there are 2 Southwest Airizona One, 2 500th boeing 737 stickers, liveries and the Desert gold livery parked. In the past it would seem like I only saw a special livery if that particular registration showed up on RT. I am using live and static matching at level 3. 

I havent changed anything with my setup and rescanning the liveries did not do anything

thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

What Sim are you talking about and what ai aircraft package(-s) are you using?

Do note that a livery is treated as special if it appears in an Offline Regcodes file with just one registration code. See Manual section 5.7.2).

This way of specifying was introduced already quite some months (6 or more ?) ago.

Do you have such a definition for the Southwest Arizona One?

Edited by kiek

On 3/16/2023 at 11:53 PM, DaveS said:

Hi,

Sorry I am using MSFS with AIG. I do see this in the regcodesAIG folder:

AIGAIM_Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-700SSW - Arizona One;N955WN

thanks,

And do you see in ..\info\OfflineRegcodes.txt that the SouthWest file delivered special liveries?

something like this:

data\regcodesAIG\AIG_SouthwestAirlines_Summer_2022.txt: 765 new regcodes added, 8 regcodes replaced, 52 regcodes defined as special

43 minutes ago, kiek said:

And do you see in ..\info\OfflineRegcodes.txt that the SouthWest file delivered special liveries?

something like this:

data\regcodesAIG\AIG_SouthwestAirlines_Summer_2022.txt: 765 new regcodes added, 8 regcodes replaced, 52 regcodes defined as special

Yes this is what I have:

data\regcodesAIG\AIG_SouthwestAirlines_Summer_2022.txt: 618 new regcodes added, 8 regcodes replaced, 52 regcodes defined as special

I loaded a flight earlier at KTPA and had two Maryland One a/c next to each other as well as a Silver One next to those two. The rest of the static southwest's were regular liveries

thanks,

14 hours ago, DaveS said:

I loaded a flight earlier at KTPA and had two Maryland One a/c

Then I suspect you have not updated to the latest AIG Southwest package with the One Click Installer, which would remove older liveries.

My regcode-files are normally only compatible with the latest release (you can check with the year/season tag of the file). 

AIGAIM_Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-700WL - OC Maryland One;N214WN was in the 2021 package, but not in the 2022 package released by AIG in february of this year.

Edited by vhaaland
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, vhaaland said:

Then I suspect you have not updated to the latest AIG Southwest package with the One Click Installer, which would remove older liveries.

My regcode-files are normally only compatible with the latest release (you can check with the year/season tag of the file). 

AIGAIM_Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-700WL - OC Maryland One;N214WN was in the 2021 package, but not in the 2022 package released by AIG in february of this year.

Ok thanks. I will try this later today and see if that works and report back