Sign in to follow this  
Noel

What did I miss? Citation Longitude

5 hours ago, ndts said:

When MSFS was released, the HUD on the real world Longitude wasn't actually certified yet (I think it got certified some time in late 2021), so that's probably why it wasn't included.

It was discussed on WT's Discord at the end of last year. From what was said I think was at that time it was fitted to a single aircraft.

Certainly won't be seen in MSFS until specs and details on functionality are available. Doors & cabin are in Asobo's domain though...

G

• Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Thanks all again for the help.  Two other questions if you will:

• Is traffic only visible on the Traffic Map?
  • I notice a peculiarity:  why is it the Landing Lights are connected to Recognition Light and Pulse of it?  I had RL and P enabled upon entering the runway but when I turned the LL on both of those shut off.  Not like other planes or is something amiss?

Thanks!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

15 minutes ago, Noel said:

why is it the Landing Lights are connected to Recognition Light and Pulse of it?  I had RL and P enabled upon entering the runway but when I turned the LL on both of those shut off.  Not like other planes or is something amiss?

That's how it is indeed. Recog and Pulse can't be used when the Landing lights are on. Afaik (depending in SOP) Pulse is usually used during daytime and Recog during nighttime (so not both together) once you turn off the Landing lights (and up to a certain altitude). However, the Pulse light is also automated and turns on depending on traffic/TCAS (it's a setting somewhere in the GTC).

• Upvote 1

I'm amazed it performs so well for having such detailed avionics!

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 3/26/2023 at 8:28 PM, ndts said:

When MSFS was released, the HUD on the real world Longitude wasn't actually certified yet (I think it got certified some time in late 2021), so that's probably why it wasn't included.

I suspect it's more that they didn't do huds at all when MSFS was released. The 787 certainly had a certified hud at the time, and we don't get it in MSFS either. 😉

1 hour ago, eslader said:

I suspect it's more that they didn't do huds at all when MSFS was released.

@ndts is correct here. The HUD in the C700 is not yet certified by any aviation governing bodies and is unavailable for use by pilots (nor is there any documentation for us). After it is certified and we have documentation we can start to look at making it available.

22 hours ago, MattNischan said:

@ndts is correct here. The HUD in the C700 is not yet certified by any aviation governing bodies and is unavailable for use by pilots (nor is there any documentation for us). After it is certified and we have documentation we can start to look at making it available.

I wasn't trying to argue that the HUD in the C700 was certified. I was pointing out that this explanation for its exclusion from the sim is inconsistent with other aircraft in the sim. The 787's HUD is certified, so by the logic of this explanation it should work in the sim, yet it does not.

56 minutes ago, eslader said:

I was pointing out that this explanation for its exclusion from the sim is inconsistent with other aircraft in the sim.

That may be so, but the explanation provided is why we (Working Title) did not include it with the new Longitude updates.

5 hours ago, MattNischan said:

That may be so, but the explanation provided is why we (Working Title) did not include it with the new Longitude updates.

Oh, that I can buy! We were talking about before you guys started working on it, when the Longitude and 787 were included with the initial release of the sim. 🙂