Sign in to follow this  
victorwest2

FSX Acceleration - Preview on Gamespot

I believe you Geof, it's just that the definition of "doing ok" varies greatly from user to user HEHE!For me, I'd be happy with 20-25FPS in big cities with mod autogen and AI.... with my current rig, there's no way in heck to get that in MSP area.... we're talkin 10-15 depending on if I'm over the airport or notMaybe they improved the aircraft models in the addon so the F18 and P51/etc will be better on PCs....who knows

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest JSPuonti

Right, besides, "fastest selling version" does not equal to "most sold version" in my books. It could mean that some older version has sold more (FS2004 for example has a heck of a head start time-wise and is STILL relevant), but FSX has sold more units in X months compared to the same time period following earlier launches. The claim would be true even if FSX hasn't taken the top spot total volume-wise (yet).If anything it's an example of perfectly normal business / sales performance reporting - you take the best angle you can and leave out the things that don't put a shine on your product or service, without necessarely lying. Just look at Vista - it's supposedly beating XP in uptake (I'm guessing units / X period of time since launch), but they're leaving out the fact that their numbers consist mostly of bundled OEM versions (aka. "I might not take it if I had a real choice") rather than retail boxes (aka. "I'm doing this purely out of my free will") and that computer sales per year have apparently gone up considerably since XP's release.

I think the sales would be enough to keep it going (just). Obviously their 'count' doesn't take into account 50% of people returning their copy because of performance and or activation problems. Once you subtract those figure its a different story. Read the user reviews on Amazon and you will know what I'm talking about.

>I think the sales would be enough to keep it going (just).>Obviously their 'count' doesn't take into account 50% of>people returning their copy because of performance and or>activation problems. Once you subtract those figure its a>different story. Read the user reviews on Amazon and you will>know what I'm talking about.Is 50% a guess then? Or do you have special access to all the return figures then?

>I believe you Geof, it's just that the definition of "doing>ok" varies greatly from user to user HEHE!>>For me, I'd be happy with 20-25FPS in big cities with mod>autogen and AI.... with my current rig, there's no way in>heck to get that in MSP area.... we're talkin 10-15 depending>on if I'm over the airport or not>>Maybe they improved the aircraft models in the addon so the>F18 and P51/etc will be better on PCs....who knowsJust got that between 20 till 25 fps with rainy cloudy weather so happy here :-)Andr

André

Guest PARADISE

Sellng the product one thing.....getting it to work properly is a whole different matter.John M

>Thats good news. It would increase the chances that there>will be a next version of FS. Other than performance issues,>are there any features that are left our for microsoft to>incorporate in FS11? Just improving current features will not>be enough to create incentive for people to upgrade. Would it?>For example, Can Microsoft market FS11 for having better ATC>and improved flight handling? Those alone are not good enough>reasons for majority of users (i.e. non hardcores) to upgrade.>Are they?You're probably right. I mean, if MS said "better ATC and improved flight handling" in FS11, that wouldn't go over well with the vast majority of people that buy FS. Now, with *us* we would be happy happy.Well I can think of some things that would appeal to every user1) better gfx (i.e. better texture blending, water textures etc.)2) sloped runway provision3) expansion of xml for airport design4) expansion of mission SDK capability5) ATC, with at least some SIDs, STARs out of the box6) .etc...and that's just from my perspective. RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>>For me, I'd be happy with 20-25FPS in big cities with mod>autogen and AI.... with my current rig, there's no way in>heck to get that in MSP area.... we're talkin 10-15 depending>on if I'm over the airport or not>Can't you get more like high-teens fps in the above scenario?Seems like my 3700+ box is doing 15-20 in the situation you describe...but then again we probably don't have identical settings/AI/etc...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

It's nice to have an expansion pack but I would like to see the bugs addressed in the current (very good) default aircraft too. I guess patches don't bring in as much income as an expansion pack, but like most here who are FS druggies I'll most certainly buy it. Perhaps with a few of the $$ that Acceleration makes they could pay a couple of programmers to squash a few FSX bugs. ;)

yeah but yours is OCed ;) and your gpu is better :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>I don't think I need a nda for my personal list of what I'd>like improved-but maybe I'll write one anyway so I can't sue>myself...;)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Shoot I thought you overclocked a little. I must be thinking of someone else with a 3700+RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

If you need a good lawyer..let me know. Ofcoarse You'd need two. One to sue and another to defend you against yourself.