Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Manual Editing of dbase.xml

Hello,

I'm just wondering If I may manually add a few registrations to the dbase.xml. For example, SAS now has 4 A319, but the database contains only 2 regs. I assume that after thantI should also edit a specific SAS.txt file in RegCodesAIG folder by adding entries like below, shouldn't I?

AIGAIM_SAS Scandinavian Airlines Airbus A319-100 - Retro Livery;OY-KBO,OY-KBR,OY-KBT
AIGAIM_SAS Scandinavian Airlines Airbus A319-100;OY-KBP

Thanks

Edited by G-YMML1

Hi 

You are confusing two things. The dbase.xml and an Offline Regcodes file...

The Offline Regcodes file for AIG is maintained by @vhaaland. No doubt you will see an update of that soon.

The dbase.xml file is maintained by me, and will be overwritten at each version update. I run a crawler version of Learner every now and then and it will certainly pick up these changes automatically.

Conclusion: don't make manual changes, report them to the authors if you will.

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, kiek said:

Hi 

You are confusing two things. The dbase.xml and an Offline Regcodes file...

The Offline Regcodes file for AIG is maintained by @vhaaland. No doubt you will see an update of that soon.

The dbase.xml file is maintained by me, and will be overwritten at each version update. I run a crawler version of Learner every now and then and it will certainly pick up these changes automatically.

Conclusion: don't make manual changes, report them to the authors if you will.

Then I totally confused what role Offline regcodes play. I read and re-read the manual, but maybe I'm stupid 🙂 

In an offline regcodes file you can define for a livery title one or more registration codes (tailno's) that PSXT must use to match a real live aircraft, with such a registration code, with that livery (step 1 in the matching proces).

For ai packages other then AIG you may write these file's yourself. However , for AIG PSXT already has 21000 regcode mappings on board, produced by Vidar, so you better let him update his files.

Edited by kiek

23 minutes ago, kiek said:

In an offline regcodes file you can define for a livery title one or more registration codes (tailno's) that PSXT must use to match a real live aircraft, with such a registration code, with that livery (step 1 in the matching proces).

For ai packages other then AIG you may write these file's yourself. However , for AIG PSXT already has 21000 regcode mappings on board, produced by Vidar, so you better let him update his files.

...and with that being said, if a regcode does not exist in the database.xml, its manual addition to AIG regcode txt mapping won't help, right? A regcode itself must  be present in both dbase.xml and airline-specific regcode txt fie.

TIA.

Edited by G-YMML1

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

...and with that being said, if a regcode does not exist in the database.xml, its manual addition to AIG regcode txt mapping won't help, right? A regcode itself must  be present in both dbase.xml and airline-specific regcode txt fie.

No, the Offline regcodes files have nothing to do with dbase.xml...

The regcodes in dbase.xml are for a completely different purpose... PSXT uses these regcodes to look-up type, airline, cargo and opf for a new aircraft in the traffic data coming from RT. But that is something you don't have to worry about. Don't touch the dbase.xml. 😉

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

TIA.

? what does that mean?

2 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Thanks In Advance 🙂

Aha, that shows my age. I'm not from the sms generation  you know. 😉

8 minutes ago, kiek said:

Aha, that shows my age. I'm not from the sms generation  you know. 😉

I'm neither, but I'm adapting 🙂 

Just a summarize for my better understanding. For the second line below I have added OY-KBR and OY-KBT myself manually. Does it mean that next time the RT detects OY-KBT, it would select a proper AIG livery? 

AIGAIM_SAS Scandinavian Airlines Airbus A319-100 - Retro Livery;OY-KBO
AIGAIM_SAS Scandinavian Airlines Airbus A319-100;OY-KBP,OY-KBR,OY-KBT

7 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Just a summarize for my better understanding. For the second line below I have added OY-KBR and OY-KBT myself manually. Does it mean that next time the RT detects OY-KBT, it would select a proper AIG livery? 

AIGAIM_SAS Scandinavian Airlines Airbus A319-100 - Retro Livery;OY-KBO
AIGAIM_SAS Scandinavian Airlines Airbus A319-100;OY-KBP,OY-KBR,OY-KBT

It would indeed.

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 6:34 AM, kiek said:

No doubt you will see an update of that soon.

I hope AIG will re-do SAS soon. This is a package missing a lot of models, A320, A321, A321 neo, new livery 737, Star Alliance A319's.

The 2021 package simply does not have the correct livery for A319 at the moment, so the regcode file is based on that reality.

Edited by vhaaland
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, vhaaland said:

I hope AIG will re-do SAS soon. This is a package missing a lot of models, A320, A321, A321 neo, new livery 737, Star Alliance A319's.

The 2021 package simply does not have the correct livery for A319 at the moment, so the regcode file is based on that reality.

...and E195 for SAS Link.