Sign in to follow this  
Romio59

Aircraft skidding along runway

Aircraft skid along the runway or sink into it. A short time later they are in the air.
I use Prepar3D V4.5

5 hours ago, Romio59 said:

Aircraft skid along the runway or sink into it. A short time later they are in the air.
I use Prepar3D V4.5

Is caused by wrong traffic data coming from RT, probably because of bad ads-b receivers. 

There is nothing I can do.

I believe it does not happen with all aircraft, does it? If so, go to another airport.

On 3/16/2023 at 5:37 PM, kiek said:

Is caused by wrong traffic data coming from RT, probably because of bad ads-b receivers. 

There is nothing I can do.

I believe it does not happen with all aircraft, does it? If so, go to another airport.

Yes, that's right. It is not the case with all aircraft.
Thanks for the answer!

Have a nice day! Many greetings

Hi @kiek, I have been wondering for a while if a potential fix for those types of issues could be to temporarily ignore injected data during takeoff and landing and instead use canned data to set the aircraft’s attitude and speed?

For example, PSXT could begin ignoring RT data once an aircraft is over the threshold and set the aircraft up for a smooth landing with realistic deceleration and hand back to RT once the aircraft taxies off the runway or if a go around is detected. 

Worst that could happen is that the aircraft location isn’t aligned with the real world exit taxiway the aircraft in which case some sort sort of location reconciliation would need to happen (warp to location, or something smarter). 

Alternatively, PSXT could use the RT data but “sense check” and override some values during take off, landing and taxi. For example, if an aircraft taxies with the fuselage at a 45 degree angle to the direction of travel, then correct that angle to 0. 

Edited by alepro21

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

Well I think that you should not exaggerate the problem brought up by the OP. At many airports you can see aircraft takeoff and (cross!) land perfectly.

What you sugggest to replace RT data by canned traffic is very difficult, not just because of the timing issues, but more importantly, the fact that PSXT has really no notice where an aircraft is (meaning a mapping from latitude/longitude to a position on the map) other than being at/near a parking position. It is not aware of thresholds, taxiways, runway lengths/directions/exits at all!

Canned traffic would also freeze the liveliness PSXT brings to the table. Every aircraft behaves differently, that is the power of PSXT, no boring ai aircrafts that land at the very same spot every time.

I already have (in all these years) implemented heuristics (sence checks) to cater for sudden strange differences in RT data, but every heuristic has side effects, so we have to be careful.

Edited by kiek