Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Great FPS but poor panning, New Build

1 hour ago, kiwikat said:

This was my exact thought in my head before I saw your response...

Wouldn't be my recommendation. I'm getting 90-120 FPS with FG on with GSYNC and it's amazingly smooth.

Problem is I don’t have a gsync monitor I have a 60hz tv so that probably partially explains why I’m not completely smooth. It’s on my list of purchases but a 4k gsync monitor isn’t cheap these days. 

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

19 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

Do you still get 60fps even with addons like pmdg and bigger airports or are you a GA flyer mostly?

Yes, I fly the PMDG 737 almost every day and get great fps even in heavy cloud layers and at large airports. I did see some slight stuttering, however, with DX12, as opposed to my current DX11. I wouldn't swear in court that the change in DX versions made the difference though. Maybe my internet connection was just flakey during my initial DX12 tests with my new equipment. Whenever you change DX versions, remember that no changes take effect until you've completely closed the sim and rebooted from scratch.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

5 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Yes, I fly the PMDG 737 almost every day and get great fps even in heavy cloud layers and at large airports. I did see some slight stuttering, however, with DX12, as opposed to my current DX11. I wouldn't swear in court that the change in DX versions made the difference though. Maybe my internet connection was just flakey during my initial DX12 tests with my new equipment. Whenever you change DX versions, remember that no changes take effect until you've completely closed the sim and rebooted from scratch.

Interesting. I’ll give it a try and see if dx11 smooths it out. 

• Like 1

Looks like I solved my issues thanks to this post. 
Link

FG was out of control but now it’s under control, LOL

Frames are nice and steady and not fluxing or tearing as before. My display is 120hz so I set NCP to 58 FPS and now with FG enabled I am holding 116 FPS steady during my flight. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 3

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Link

Frames are nice and steady and not fluxing or tearing as before. My display is 120hz so I set NCP to 58 FPS and now with FG enabled I am holding 116 FPS steady during my flight. 

and you panning is smooth everywhere?

Intel i9-13900K, GIGABYTE GAMING Z790, GeForce RTX4080, 32GB

2 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

It’s on my list of purchases but a 4k gsync monitor isn’t cheap these days. 

Get yourself an LG C1 tv. They are gsync compatible and 120hz. I have one since 8 months and it is a stunning experience to sim on. It has a game mode with 1 ms latency which is super good and the equivalent of many a gaming monitor. It is basically a gaming monitor and TV rolled into one.

No need to worry about OLED burn in as it has all sorts of tech inside to ensure that doesn't happen. I have mine on 8 hours a day and have never had an issue. Mines 48 inches and set me back the equivalent of only $800. Probably even cheaper in the US (I live in Switzerland). Why anyone would instead pay the ridiculous price of a 'gaming monitor' I do not know.

• Like 2

Under the throw the kitchen sink at it, some of you might want to try this and see if it hurts/helps.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

10 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Link

Was it the setting your max frames in the ncp to roughly half hour refresh rate that did it?

13 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

Was it the setting your max frames in the ncp to roughly half hour refresh rate that did it?

Yes. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

4 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Yes. 

I always cap my fps to 141hz on G-sync ultimate 144hz Monitor with great smooth performance. Is there an benefit to cap on half ? 

Also since the latest MSFS updates Riva tuner frame cap creates ultra stuttering, so the only option is Nvidia control panel.

Edited by Seth2021

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

3 hours ago, Seth2021 said:

Also since the latest MSFS updates Riva tuner frame cap creates ultra stuttering, so the only option is Nvidia control panel.

Yes that's my exact problem after SU11 with FG. Sadly Riva Tuner doesn't work anymore.

I had to use Riva Tuner before SU11 for smooth gameplay, because everytime when I activate Vsync in NCP, I get a 100% CTD or now with SU11 this "Your Graphics Device Has Encountered A Problem" fault. 

I tried several drivers without success, I cannot fly with vsync activated in NCP, so I have to go back to DX11 and activate vsync in the msfs control panel.

Edited by Severne
  • Like 1

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

On 3/17/2023 at 1:19 AM, Sky_Pilot071 said:

MSI X570 Gaming Edge, TeamGroup UD4 4000 DDR4-2400 32gig mem.

sp

is your ram OC via XMP? i forgot what AMD call it 

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

I was on LGAV airport and with drone camera i was trying to move/panning while increasing altitude around airport. I had some micro-stutters + tearing issues while i was moving around. After many tests with Nvidia control panel, except the fps cap on Monitor refresh rate ( with minus 3 ) when i enabled V-sync drone camera become smooth  with out any stutter/tearing etc.

• Like 1

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

10 hours ago, sonny147 said:

is your ram OC via XMP? i forgot what AMD call it 

Don't know myself since it is a prebuilt NZXT.

sp