Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Great FPS but poor panning, New Build

if you have  an AMD processor go into bios and select and select Ram DOCP profile or dependent on your MOBO it maybe named XMP , that way your max stable performance from your ram and a nice boost to your CPU totally safe and highly recomended 

please do i little research if your new to that bois seting 

Edited by sonny147
added
  • Like 1

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

4090 next purchase after ive sold a kidney lol, maybe iam even serious 😁

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

1 hour ago, sonny147 said:

4090 next purchase after ive sold a kidney lol, maybe iam even serious 😁

Don't hurt yourself.  Its only a game.  :wacko:

sp

4 hours ago, sonny147 said:

if you have  an AMD processor go into bios and select and select Ram DOCP profile or dependent on your MOBO it maybe named XMP , that way your max stable performance from your ram and a nice boost to your CPU totally safe and highly recomended 

please do i little research if your new to that bois seting 

I haven't used XMP since the 90's since it always crashed my system.  Sure enough when I enable it on my current AMD build it fails on startup.

sp

56 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

I haven't used XMP since the 90's since it always crashed my system.  Sure enough when I enable it on my current AMD build it fails on startup.

sp

Which just goes to show how different people's experiences can be. In all my years of dealing with computers, I've never seen XMP fail.

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

sp

Did you purchase your memory as a kit and is it on the qualified vendor list for your motherboard? If so, you can likely RMA it for not running at advertised speeds. If you're mixing modules (even the same brand/model) or the memory isn't on the QVL, you'd likely be out of luck in trying to RMA.

Edit: some more info on mixing memory kits here, specifically:

Memory kits are programmed with the timings and frequency that the memory vendor found to be stable for a given density - a single memory kit in other words. If a 16GB kit can handle a particular memory timing at 10 clocks, that’s what the memory vendor will program into the memory kit’s XMP or SPD profile. If we add another 16GB of the same kit to the system, it’s probable that this 10 clock delay needs to be increased to 12 or more clocks in order to ensure stability. It could be worse still – the modules may require more voltage or not be capable of running at a given frequency at all. Either way, the system will only have the timings of a single memory kit to reference, leaving any adjustments to the end-user to perform. There’s the primary cause for end-user frustration right there – most are not equipped to deal with the situation and end up frustrated, blaming all and sundry for their misadventure.

Edited by Funky D

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Which just goes to show how different people's experiences can be. In all my years of dealing with computers, I've never seen XMP fail.

In my experiance the only way to successfuly use XMP is to overvolt it which is probably why I don't go that route.

sp

8 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

In my experiance the only way to successfuly use XMP is to overvolt it which is probably why I don't go that route.

sp

Any motherboard that I have used has always adjusted voltage automatically based on the XMP profile.

• Upvote 3

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Just now, Barnes said:

Any motherboard that I have used has always adjusted voltage automatically based on the XMP profile.

Exactly. Not sure why sometimes people in here need to make thing so complicated or sound so complicated. 

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Exactly. Not sure why sometimes people in here need to make thing so complicated or sound so complicated. 

Whether auto or manual overvolt XMP still needs to work without crashing the system. 

None of the overpriced memory that I bought in the past 20 years was able to do that.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

On my ASUS X570-F motherboard it was just a matter of choosing D.O.C.P. (XMP) and enabling it. 
The next restart would then take a bit longer as the motherboard was "trimming" the memory,
the restart after that I got a memory related bluescreen, then another restart and it's trimming again. 
And the next start and ever since has been fast and working flawlessly. (knock on wood).

Could it be that people get impatient and just see restarts and errors and not let the computer finish setting it up?

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

I have a 5800X3d and struggling to get above 50FPS in the FBW, looking down in the cockpit lined up on EGLL runway 27L, 1080p, with render scaling down to 30%, on high settings. It's like my CPU is just not being used fully.... I just don't get it

Edited by Brocky120
add

Not OP but I was able to get it smoothed out.  I set it to 60 max in NCP and vsync on.  The others gave me issues like stuttering or screen tearing.  I tried 1 or 2 FPS less, all vsync options in the sim and NCP, changing my settings, you name it and this is the only vsync combo that will give me smoothness.  Of course it stutters when I'm in situations that can't handle 60fps but otherwise it's great.  I tried setting it to lower refresh rates and locking it but that didn't work.  Surprisingly LOD doesn't change much whether at 100 or 400.  So for now I'm happy but when I'm in the bigger cities I'll get the occasional stutter when the FPS drops.  I wish I could lock it to 50 and set my monitor to 50hz since I can maintain that in all but that heaviest areas but that caused stutters as well.  

I'm still looking for a gsync monitor but for now I'm happy so I'm in no rush.  

Edited by sfgiants13

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

edit: triple post

Edited by sfgiants13

edit: triple post

Edited by sfgiants13