Sign in to follow this  
PILOT'S

PILOT'S Boeing B-314 v1.1 (MSFS) Update Released

Just in time for the weekend, we are happy to inform you that the v1.1 update for the PILOT'S Boeing B-314 is now available.

There has been an extensive overhaul of the VC textures, as per the feedback we received. We have also changed and greatly improved how the flying boat now handles on water, here is short video to illustrate this:

A special thanks to Stearman948713 for his tweaking of some of the contact points!

I'll leave you with a few screenshots showing the new VC textures.

Jerome

1Icfg0K.jpeg

S8xMGbX.jpeg

kQoK5or.jpeg

Iv1dwvO.jpeg

YPxroUI.jpeg

MFdtA7R.jpeg

Edited by PILOT'S
  • Like 4

Thanks!

• Like 2

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Many thanks, just installed it now and will take it into the air for a first impression of the updated version
The preview video above looks really GREAT!

Edited by Scorpio47
  • Like 1

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

1 hour ago, avallillo said:

Where is this update? I can't find it on the Pilots website...

It will be in your account at the PILOT'S store, where you purchased it. Download the v1.1 ZIP and prior to installing it, make sure you uninstall v1.0 first. 

Jerome

17 hours ago, PILOT'S said:

It will be in your account at the PILOT'S store, where you purchased it. Download the v1.1 ZIP and prior to installing it, make sure you uninstall v1.0 first. 

Jerome

Jerome, I wanted to add another item to what I wrote about in thread on the MSFS forum that hopefully can make it in the next update.  The seats/tables in the cabin are small and lowered to the ground more so than they should be.  There's some great shots of the cabin that I know you are aware of on the Foynes Flying Boat museum website.  A little more work would insure the cabin comes closer to what the museum has preserved from the real bird.

B314 musuem irland - Bing images

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I would very much like to see this kind of interior in one of the variants included in the package:

untitledtgchh.jpg

Nice colors and instruments and levers from that period....:-)

Juergen Vollmer

Unfortunately the interior in the Foynes replica is just wrong from nose to tail. At the time it was built, it was built with the best information available (hence the Pan Am colour scheme)  but much more has come to light since.

Hello Dai, that is most certainly the case, but I found this picture claiming to show the cockpit replica in Foyens (greenish not blueish carpet for instance)

Unfortunately we never get to know the REAL views as even the last crew and passengers are passing away....

I have not the luck to have been there myself, but this is what I found under the link Dillon mentioned above:

spacer.png

Edited by Scorpio47

Juergen Vollmer

It seems to be depending very much on the equipment used and the circumstances when those photos were taken and as "proof" I´ll put here the link to basically the same photo even from the same collection at alamy..... again different colous:

the-control-room-and-cockpit-of-the-repl

So as you said in the other thread: IT IS A DEAD END
Sad but true

Juergen Vollmer

After many attempts and after reading the manual carefully, I cannot for the life of me get the gyro pilot to work in any way in MSFS.   It would be extremely useful for someone who can, to produce a tutorial for those such as me who desperately want this thing to work but so far is disappointed.

Edited by Charles KS
MSFS included.
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 7:33 PM, Scorpio47 said:

It seems to be depending very much on the equipment used and the circumstances when those photos were taken and as "proof" I´ll put here the link to basically the same photo even from the same collection at alamy..... again different colous:

So as you said in the other thread: IT IS A DEAD END
Sad but true

Yes. I can't quite figure out what's happened there but it has a very heavy yellow colour cast to it. I don't think it's a filter but just the way the camera's photosensor has picked it up. Someone over on the official MSFS forums has pulled up a link to a Pan Am-sponsored documentary that I had looked at in the early days of the P3D version and then forgotten about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tneNPSEy17U&t=961s

Start at 10:42 - that's a green cockpit. It's a bit washed out because of the age of the film but even so, that is definately green. No, the flight crew aren't flying the aircraft. The RPM gauges read zero, the manifold pressure reads 29 inches, the mixture levers are set to fuel cutoff and the fuel valves are all set to off.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2023 at 10:59 AM, Charles KS said:

After many attempts and after reading the manual carefully, I cannot for the life of me get the gyro pilot to work in any way in MSFS.   It would be extremely useful for someone who can, to produce a tutorial for those such as me who desperately want this thing to work but so far is disappointed.

Charles, please see my post here:

I hope you find the info uselful.

Jerome

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 5:09 AM, dragonflightdesign said:

Yes. I can't quite figure out what's happened there but it has a very heavy yellow colour cast to it. I don't think it's a filter but just the way the camera's photosensor has picked it up. Someone over on the official MSFS forums has pulled up a link to a Pan Am-sponsored documentary that I had looked at in the early days of the P3D version and then forgotten about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tneNPSEy17U&t=961s

Start at 10:42 - that's a green cockpit. It's a bit washed out because of the age of the film but even so, that is definately green. No, the flight crew aren't flying the aircraft. The RPM gauges read zero, the manifold pressure reads 29 inches, the mixture levers are set to fuel cutoff and the fuel valves are all set to off.

And makes sense for the era. Often the zinc chromate would've been mixed with a small amount of black paints to give it a green hue rather  than the Yellow #36 it would have on its own. Each aircraft manufacturer had their own mixing process, so the tint could vary. However it will turn toward a brown hue after time. AN-TT-P-656 in two coats with a final coat of aluminum suspended lacquer was common pre-WWII. What that video shows seems fairly classic of many cockpits of similarly aged film.

spacer.png