Sign in to follow this  
neilhewitt

Possible Navigraph data error at LKPR (AIRAC 2302)

Hi.

I've updated P2ATC with the current Navigraph manual updater for AIRAC 2302 and I'm having an issue at LKPR (Prague Ruzyne) where I'm being told there's no tower frequency and just take off at pilot discretion. Of course, this is not how it works in the real world 🙂

A quick look at Navigraph Charts shows they list two tower frequencies for LKPR - 134.56 and 118.10. 

I had a look inside the P2ATC database (P2ADYNAMICDATA.MDF) which is believe is the data source being used, and checked the frequencies for LKPR. There is no row with a tower frequency (which would be type 6, I believe). Since the Navigraph updater completely replaces the MDF file, this seems to be a problem with Navigraph's update. 

Is there any way to correct this short of asking Navigraph to fix it in the next update? I can manually add the row to the database but when I tried that (for which I had to attach the DB to my SQL Server machine, fix, and then detach and copy over the P2ATC DB), I got a security error on startup. I may still see if I can fix that (I suspect it may have been me using SQL Express 2019 to attach the DB that caused the problem), but if there's any way to add new frequencies via the UI, I can't find it.

(Given that Navigraph are prone to making occasional errors, I think it would be good to have an ability to manually edit / add data. Obviously that would be complex in the UI, but maybe a 'read a text file with changes in it' operation might be easier?)

Edited by neilhewitt

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

It seems you are correct.  There is a problem with Navigraph's data.

No, there is no way to update the AIRAC data in the program.

I will advise Navigraph and hopefully they can fix this issue soon.

Dave

Thanks, Dave.

I did ultimately manage to insert a tower frequency into the database by working out that you're embedding SQL Express 2014 and downloading that to modify the DB. Of course, that'll be overwritten by the next Navigraph update (2303), but I know how to fix it again now. But I'm a .NET developer like yourself, and I appreciate the average user can't do that 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. Glad you were able to make the edit.

I notified Navigraph, so hopefully they can fix it for the rest of us.

Dave

On 3/18/2023 at 10:04 PM, neilhewitt said:

Thanks, Dave.

I did ultimately manage to insert a tower frequency into the database by working out that you're embedding SQL Express 2014 and downloading that to modify the DB. Of course, that'll be overwritten by the next Navigraph update (2303), but I know how to fix it again now. But I'm a .NET developer like yourself, and I appreciate the average user can't do that 🙂

Can you do tutorial please? it's still not fixed

11 hours ago, Domcaa_ said:

Can you do tutorial please? it's still not fixed

Honestly? If you're not a software developer your chances of doing this successfully are fairly small. You would need to understand how the tools work and you would need to understand SQL well enough to not make a mistake and damage the database, which could stop PATC from running at all.

Ideally, maybe Dave could add the ability to change / override the Navigraph data to a future build of PATC. Maybe read a text file at startup, if it's there, and add / remove / change that data in the database. Like a 'Navigraph corrections' feature.

• Like 1

Neil,

I've added the update feature to my list of things to work on.  

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
  • Like 2