Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Nightmare setting up controllers and Visuals

I feel as if all MSFS versions are such a PITA to set up.  The key inputs are all excessively time consuming to remove and rebind, the assignment to keys with peripherals is awful, the visuals are hard to tweak. 

I'm not sure how I should be setting up the visuals.  It's i9-13900KF, TRX 4090 24 GB, 64 GB RAM Jetline computer.  It came with most settings on ultra and it is very smooth.  But when I panned, the cockpit and window frames would lag and tear.  So I played with VSync and it seemed to work.  But I feel as though the overall textures are blurry.  I'm also getting a lot of weird black flickering on airport runway/apron textures.  It's very annoying.  I'm hoping to upgrade my monitor, as the one I have is just a 1080p @ 60Hz.  Maybe this will help with visuals, but I don't recall the flickering happening before I messed with VSync.

Also, I had assigned flaps to the TCA Boeing quadrant and now the option to use the TCA for this isn't there!  I'd rather not buy a third party program, but there seems to be a few. I'm using the Thrustmaster Boeing setup.  I was able to get almost all the setting working, but some things won't take.  It's just buttons! 

I swear over the years I've lost 12 months of my life on setting up various sims 😬😂

• Upvote 1

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I also find the GUI totally idiotic - especially the Controllers setup.

I ended up getting Lorby's Axis and Ohs to sort things out. It's highly configurable and very professional. I now have only the one set of [default] controller profiles set up in MSFS and do all the rest with AxisAndOhs. It's saved me a lot of time and no end of grief!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Highly recommend Lorbys Axis and Ohs. The worst part is removing all the default MSFS assignments in the MSFS GUI. After that, very easy to setup and use.

• Like 1

The program you're using looks good.  Nice and easy, lol.  I see SPAD NeXt mentioned a lot, but people say it's confusing and I'm not sure it works with the Thrustmaster equipment.  I'm not trying to build a cockpit in my home, I just need a few peripheral buttons to work like they did in FSX.  I have the reverse thrust working in the PMDG 737, but the fact that I can't assign buttons to the throttle quadrant is ridiculous.  Flaps isn't even a choice.  I will need to decide on the program you're using.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

1 minute ago, hs118 said:

Highly recommend Lorbys Axis and Ohs. The worst part is removing all the default MSFS assignments in the MSFS GUI. After that, very easy to setup and use.

That's what I'm saying.  Previous editions of MSFS were so much easier.  You could undo key bindings within one menu.  These clowns have us going into each one and "validating". 

• Upvote 1

- Chris

49 minutes ago, Orlaam said:

the Thrustmaster equipment.  

My cockpit (using AAO) is based on Thrustmaster HOTAS and pedals.

• Like 1

RTX 4090.with 1080P eh?  Hehe yeah you.need a new monitor.

I'd go at least 1440p with 144hz make sure it's Gsysnc compatible too.

Also make sure HAGS is enabled to use frame generation.  That's how you get the triple digit butter smooth panning.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, Orlaam said:

I see SPAD NeXt mentioned a lot, but people say it's confusing and I'm not sure it works with the Thrustmaster equipment

It does. I won't say it's better than Axes and Ohs (its name certainly isn't 😉 ) because I've never used that one, but SPAD is quite good. And I really enjoy being able to grab other people's profiles so I don't have to do any work to set them up. Every plane I have gets its own profile, and I don't think I've configured more than 15 commands myself.

• Like 1