Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Black Square Analog Bonanza - Flight Dynamics??

Has anyone who has installed the subject Black Square package on the G36 noticed changes in the Flight Dynamics, over the Asobo version?

In particular, does it fly more smoothly?

T45

Edited by Treetops45

Read through this. 

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

"This is the improvement project for the MSFS default G36. It all started as a simple edit of some configuration files but it has since grown into a fully-fledged modification that improves all aspects of the default G36 and introduces new features. This was made possible with the help of the community consisting of both enthusiasts and G36 pilots"

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/g36-improvement-project/216094

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Avsim must have a terrible reading comprehension problem…

To the OP…I feel bad that no one has taken the actual time to answer your specific question. 

I don’t have the black square mod yet. I have the king air one and I noticed that the airplane flies better with that mod installed. Hopefully it’s the same for the bonanza.

• Like 5

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Avsim must have a terrible reading comprehension problem…

To the OP…I feel bad that no one has taken the actual time to answer your specific question. 

I don’t have the black square mod yet. I have the king air one and I noticed that the airplane flies better with that mod installed. Hopefully it’s the same for the bonanza.

Well I did and if you read my link they talk about how it flys any adding RY flight mod to it.

"To the OP…I feel bad that no one has taken the actual time to answer your specific question. " or read properly the reply's

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I find it a bit too quick to react to the controls, especially in pitch..

Luckily you can merge the Rob Young flight model files (except for the Fuel section) and get the best of both worlds.  (see below)

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

I have not flown G36 but I  instructed some in V33. And it is sensitive for both pitch and power. It is especially noticeable while practicing ILS approaches. Small adjustment power (by rotating throttle knob) usually make smooth transition from cruise/descent climb. If you just push throttle forward like 172 you will feel a "kick" and put some stress on an engine.

Bonanza also inherently stable if flown properly.  Pitch power and trim all it is need to fly. Although V tail has some lateral fishing but barely noticeable 🙂

I personally find G36 pretty much in par with my experience flying Bonanza and Deboinar      

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

52 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Luckily you can merge the Rob Young flight model file (except for the Fuel section) and get the best of both worlds.

Could you detail this modification please?

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

1 hour ago, roland_lfor said:

Could you detail this modification please?

Replace the ai.cfg and flight_model.cfg files by the Rob Young version (rename the originals), and then replace the Fuel section in the flight_model.cfg file by the original.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 5

Bert

There is some controversy on the main forums about claims the drag is excessive with flaps out, requiring higher mp on approach then is realistic. I have not heard too many other complaints.

16 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

There is some controversy on the main forums about claims the drag is excessive with flaps out, requiring higher mp on approach then is realistic. I have not heard too many other complaints.

Is that not the King Air? 😉

Bert

37 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Is that not the King Air? 😉

My bad, was not the Analog Bonanza.

The controversy I came across was actually around the approach performance of the Milviz c310 and revolved around a claimed excess drag coefficient and drag scalar with flaps extended in the 310.

I was confused.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I have the king air one and I noticed that the airplane flies better with that mod installed

Well, it may fly better in certain respects than the default...but it has way too much flap drag for final approach, that's for sure (the KA I mean). Also way too much reverse thrust.

Edited by hangar

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Luckily you can merge the Rob Young flight model files (except for the Fuel section) and get the best of both worlds.  (see below)

Thanks Bert, would there be any issue using Rob's files with the turbocharged Bonanza or does the different engine type not matter for what these files modify?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU