Sign in to follow this  
mattloveday1987

Making the plunge from P3d to MSFS

15 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

I may be wrong but it seems Navigraph has entirely removed the navdata option and the only thing available is ultimate. I could be wrong but navigraph sure is hiding the option

There’s been considerable annoyance both here and on their forums about the FMS Data only package not being visible. Until you create an account you won’t see that option.

They have said they’ll make things clearer. Time will tell.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, guenseli said:

Just looked: I have 390 links to different kind of addons.

Even if you have just 10 countries with 3 airports each you have a lot better oversight.
But of course it is no must. On the other side it is freeware ...

Oversight? My initialization times are plenty fast enough there is no need to for anything other than to start MSFS.  I spend little time seeking augmentations to MSFS it's already excellent w/o 390 addons.   Embellishing MSFS is a hobby I'm not interested in I spend all me effort seeking to score perfectly in APLv2.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There’s been considerable annoyance both here and on their forums about the FMS Data only package not being visible. Until you create an account you won’t see that option.

They have said they’ll make things clearer. Time will tell.

The subscription price for Navigraph Unlimited is eye watering. $NZ216 if on a monthly sub or $160 on a per annum sub. I mean, I baulk at a $40.00 aircraft which I only buy once!  I work of course so time on MSFS just doesn't warrant such an expensive outlay and ongoing fixed cost. But how about the the FMS Data package you speak of Ray? Is that a more economic subscription? 

Cheers

Terry  

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

59 minutes ago, Noel said:

"you have a lot better oversight."

Oversight?

he meant "Overview" - lost in translation.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Ahh, thanks

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

4 hours ago, turbomax said:

he meant "Overview" - lost in translation.

Yes, sorry. Is not my native language, obvisously.

Learnt sth new now 😉

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 hours ago, Lord Farringdon said:

The subscription price for Navigraph Unlimited is eye watering. $NZ216 if on a monthly sub or $160 on a per annum sub. I mean, I baulk at a $40.00 aircraft which I only buy once!  I work of course so time on MSFS just doesn't warrant such an expensive outlay and ongoing fixed cost. But how about the the FMS Data package you speak of Ray? Is that a more economic subscription? 

Hi Terry. Yes, I’ve had that package for years and paid a 12 month renewal of €29.79 last month.

That provides AIRAC data to LittleNavmap, PMDG737, PFPX, Active Sky and Aivlasoft’s EFB.

Create an account and see if that option is available to you. Navigraph say it’s not a visible option until you have an account.

Three years ago they attempted to move all FMS Data customers to the Charts option. There was considerable annoyance and they had to back down.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

35 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Create an account and see if that option is available to you. Navigraph say it’s not a visible option until you have an account.

Three years ago they attempted to move all FMS Data customers to the Charts option. There was considerable annoyance and they had to back down.

I got sucked into paying for the full subscription model. 

I just looked on my account. It says you cannot downgrade from full to data only.

I presume you have to cancel first and then re-sign up but it doesn't tell you that.

A very obtuse company.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

21 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

I just looked on my account. It says you cannot downgrade from full to data only.

I presume you have to cancel first and then re-sign up but it doesn't tell you that.

A very obtuse company.

Complain loud and long. We had to do that a few years ago to force them to keep us on the FMS Data option. The more people do it the greater the pressure it puts on them.

Refer them to this post by Stephen…

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/631519-navigraph-doing-away-with-navdata-only-subscriptions/?do=findComment&comment=4934010

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 3/20/2023 at 12:56 AM, mattloveday1987 said:

Hi All

I am a long term P3D user making the switch into MSFS…. Setup seems much easier but I wondered if there are any guides/recommendations for setting up a new install and what if any add ons are recommended?

For reference in P3D I used

Active sky plus cloud art

Little Nav Map

EFB V2

GSX level 2

Thanks in advance

Matt

FlybyWire Installer and add the FSLTL Traffic and the A32NX (recommend the development version of the aircraft)

13 hours ago, tpete61 said:

Good Luck

Reading 100 recommendations from probably 100 people is pointless. Your time would be far better spent looking here and on the MSFS2020 forum for example as to what people say about known good quality add-ons. This questions is asked regularly.

Dude, the 100 people you are referring to (called their opinions pointless) are also the same people talking about those "know good quality add-ons"   This is a nice xxample of circular logic.

Navigraph Ultimate is the way to go. You get everything you need for flight planning. No muss no fuss. Cost per month is less than two coffee drinks at Starbucks. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Navigraph Ultimate is the way to go. You get everything you need for flight planning. No muss no fuss. Cost per month is less than two coffee drinks at Starbucks. 

You clearly have money to burn. Why would someone pay for something they don’t need? The OP has Aivlasoft’s EFB and LittleNavmap. That was satisfactory for P3D so why wouldn’t it be for MSFS?

He just needs to purchase a FMS Data subscription which Stephen at Navigraph has said remains an option.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, IanHarrison said:

A very obtuse company.

Dealing with Navigraph is now like dealing with a cable company in the US. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

21 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Complain loud and long. We had to do that a few years ago to force them to keep us on the FMS Data option. The more people do it the greater the pressure it puts on them.

Refer them to this post by Stephen…

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/631519-navigraph-doing-away-with-navdata-only-subscriptions/?do=findComment&comment=4934010

I did just that yesterday. This morning I have this reply.

"I have done a full refund for you so you don't lose anything. You will have your money back in a couple of days.
Please sign in to your account and subscribe again for the Navigation data subscription. "

Thanks, Ray, you have saved me a huge dollop of dough!

Edit. Now signed up and accepted for Data plan only.

Edited by IanHarrison
Addition
  • Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.