Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

More Malawi

More Malawi

This is a continuation from the previous Lake Malawi Tour.  We start from Club Makokola Airport at the very southern end of Lake Malawi and our first leg takes us to Vuu Safari Camp where we will switch into helicopters for some wildlife spotting (You may want turn on your animal POI markers for this bit).  Then switching back into fixed wing aircraft the route continues south past the Malosa Forest Reserve and then on to the Mulanje Mountain Forest Reserve for some fun landings at a cluster of airstrips near the Mozambique border.  A couple of longer legs will get us down to the Zambezi river.  Turning north we will work our way in and out of Malawi with a final destination of Ulongwe (FQUG) in Mozambique.  While the route is only 339 miles - the wildlife spotting bit at Vuu will likely take 30 minutes – so we may not complete the entire route in the allotted time.  If not – no problemo -  we will  start Malawi Part 3 at the airport where this flight ends.

spacer.png

Flightplan: HERE   Note: (The zip contains three flightplans -  one for each section of the route – using them in numbered order is recommended)

Aircraft:  I will be carrying the provisions (beer on ice) as well as litters to evacuate any casualties that might occur and therefore have chosen to fly the DHC-4 Caribou.  I have no idea what kind of Airbus you will see me in.  It will only go 150knts so I will likely be the slowest aircraft in the group. As always you are free to fly what you like. 

spacer.png

Required Scenery (Freeware):

Library Objects (Freeware):

Recommend Departure time of 2:00PM local

Particulars:

•   Date and time: Saturday March 25, 19:00 UTC
  •   NOTE that this is UTC time. In North America under Daylight Savings Time, we start an hour later (local) than normal. We shall readjust once Europe goes on Daylight Savings Time.
  •   Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
  •   Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
  •   MFS Multiplayer: US Eastcoast Server

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

• Like 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png