Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

SU12 Tomorrow

Good news.  Hopefully PMDG can quickly fix their parking brake issue.  Other than that SU12 beta is working quite well for me.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

7 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Good news.  Hopefully PMDG can quickly fix their parking brake issue.  Other than that SU12 beta is working quite well for me.

Clean install or you also have sceneries/GSX/complex planes?

Just left all my addons in the community folder Including all those things.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

SU12 beta worked well for me in the main apart from a few menu issues with text size in VR which they are aware about.

The only thing that didnt work was the PMDG parking brake as mentioned above. I have missed flying it to be honest but it wasnt worth coming out of the beta just for one aircraft as the parking brake worked flawlessly in every other aircraft in the sim. This parking brake always seems to be a problem and whilst I like inovation in they way that it worked on the PMDG, its going to be a little meh if its going to require an update everytime.

• Like 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

Just now, G-YMML1 said:

Does Fenix work as well?

Yes worked great

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

2 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Does Fenix work as well?

Yes just did a flight yesterday.

A310 is working even better given the substantial patching it received.

Edited by regis9

Dave

There has been a toolbar-related VR regression in the SU12 beta (all 3rd party moving maps apps, including payware, are displayed in an extreme resolution rendering them unusable). This has been reported by me and others very early on and acknowledged by CM Jayne Reynolds and said to be "slated for a future update" later.

It's not been amended as of today, so either the amendment will be released untested (which begs the danger of incurring another regression) or it will not be included into SU12. 

I fly under VR exclusively and none of my payware toolbar apps like FSKneeboard, Sky4SimNG, etc will be usable for the next months.

Mildly stated this would be remarkable. Badly stated it would be word not allowed.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

5 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

The only thing that didnt work was the PMDG parking brake as mentioned above. I have missed flying it to be honest but it wasnt worth coming out of the beta just for one aircraft as the parking brake worked flawlessly in every other aircraft in the sim. This parking brake always seems to be a problem and whilst I like inovation in they way that it worked on the PMDG, its going to be a little meh if its going to require an update everytime.

The workaround for that was to use "Set Chocks" in the ground services menu instead.

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I really hope it doesnt mess anything up. I just bought the Just Flight BAe 146 and I am hoping I can fly it without issues in SU12.

Here we go again!!!  

2 and 1 half year out, still no ATC program  Product came out Aug. 2020

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

SU12 Beta worked well for me.  Improved weather tremendously.  Like that you can change the wind gusts.  Only outstanding issue for me is the PMDG parking brake.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Viper714 said:

Improved weather tremendously.  Like that you can change the wind gusts.

One can only hope.  Typical Asobo - we go from flying on rails to now where a 7 knot wind in SU11 tips a heavy on approach like a paper airplane.

And...we've had to wait months for any change because opening up the wx system to dedicated 3rd parties (who could have made some changes in 24-48 hrs) makes too much sense.

Edited by irocx

Regards, Kendall

excited?... who's excited?... I'm not excited !! 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.