Sign in to follow this  
Burge

mce V 3.0.2.8

Hello mce

Just formatted my PC fresh start now i am ready for mce 

downloaded V 3.0.2.8 install then this

Please contact the application Vendor to verify this is a valid windows installer package

i am running windows 10.

Cheers Barry

Edited by Burge
msfs

Download the package with "save" option, not open directly.

When download is complete, right-click "mce.zip" and select "xtract all" to unzip the file without using any thirrd party utility

29 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Download the package with "save" option, not open directly.

When download is complete, right-click "mce.zip" and select "xtract all" to unzip the file without using any thirrd party utility

Exact did that no change the xpack.msi does not exact.

When i exact from zip no xpack.msi but when i look inside zip xpack is there yes i copied it over then  install pop up

Please contact the application Vendor to verify this is a valid windows installer package

Edited by Burge
MSFS

Hi Gerald

I have tried everything there a problem with xpack.msi keeps telling me to as above

Edited by Burge
msfs

5 hours ago, Burge said:

Hi Gerald

I have tried everything there a problem with xpack.msi keeps telling me to as above

OK, we'll upload a new package today

Gerald sorry mate no change

Extract all works ok But one file it will not Extract is xpack.msi

Edited by Burge

6 hours ago, Burge said:

Gerald sorry mate no change

Extract all works ok But one file it will not Extract is xpack.msi

Very strange.

Could it be that some security software is kicking in the moment the file gets extracted?

Do you have a third party extracting tool installed on your system (maybe forcing itself as defaut)? You don't need any. Windows can do that with its ownn built-in unzipping capability.

Try temporarily disabling AV and extract again.

The other thing, make sure you're not running out of C drive space. This sort of things can happen when the extractor doesn't find anough room for temporary files.

Anyone else having the issue, please chime in

Done all i can it keeps disappearing xpack.msi i will wait for next update and try again thanks for your help

Hi Gerald

Not Sure what i did Bang it kicked in My baby mce is back on my sys

Cheers Barry

• Like 1

I had the same problem. This an issue with the firewall. Microsoft will automatically delete the msi file as doubtful file. Remove the firewall and reinstall the program . When MCE is loaded don't forget to reactivate the firewall.

charles

Charles

P3Dv4.4 + ORBX scenery,PMDG 737 NGX ,QOTS, MJ-DASH400-8 PRO,  i910850KA 3.65 ghz ,Gigabyte RTX 3070 oc 8Gb, RAM 32Gb, 1TB+ 500 GB SSD M2 NvMe + 2TB HD, Win 10

16 minutes ago, Burge said:

Thank u my good man

you're. welcome 

Charles

P3Dv4.4 + ORBX scenery,PMDG 737 NGX ,QOTS, MJ-DASH400-8 PRO,  i910850KA 3.65 ghz ,Gigabyte RTX 3070 oc 8Gb, RAM 32Gb, 1TB+ 500 GB SSD M2 NvMe + 2TB HD, Win 10

2 hours ago, Yamba01 said:

I had the same problem. This an issue with the firewall. Microsoft will automatically delete the msi file as doubtful file. Remove the firewall and reinstall the program . When MCE is loaded don't forget to reactivate the firewall.

charles

Thanks for feedback

That is surely strange for Microsoft firewall to do that considering whatever.msi file is actually a file produced by their own software.

It's not our program. We merely tell the Microsoft "Visual Studio Installer" which files to include in the package and which ones go where and it generates that "xPack.msi" file which is then consumed by their own "Microsoft Installer service" (present by default on all Windows versions". Many program installers rely on that tech.

Will try to upload a self extracting executable later  instead of the usual zip file, just to see.

Edited by FS++