Sign in to follow this  
YggBjorn

Why are the airport names in German?

Hello!

Xbox pilot here using Little NavMap on my laptop to help understand where I am while playing. After installing v2.8.9 stable and loading in some POI .csv Userpoints the majority of my airports and airfields have German translations for their names. How can I fix this? I searched the manual and made sure I have American English set as my language. I have an image here showing the name Flugplatz Breckenridge (O64) for Breckenridge Airport.

https://imgur.com/RQqSlZQ

What MSFS version do you use? SU12 beta or SU11?

MSFS provides airport names in different languages.
I have no idea how the German name came into O64. I always see the English name for O64 here, no matter what language setting. The airport has nothing to do with the userpoints since I see no userpoint overlapping with it.

Try to reload the scenery library since LNM assigns the language dependent names while loading.

I'll check here if MSFS latest beta/SU12 changed something.

Alex

I am on Xbox Series X. Was using SU11. SU12 loaded today, but that won't make a difference to LNM for me. I think I had the scenery library from FSX loaded with a previous version of LNM. Is it worth it to download MSFS 2020 just to make a copy of the scenery library files to use with LNM? My 8 year old laptop can't run MSFS sufficiently and I don't have much space on it, but I could plug in my 2 TB USB drive and install MSFS to there, find the necessary files, and copy them over to the internal drive. Or is FSX sufficient to use just for having VFR maps handy when I fly on Xbox?

6 hours ago, YggBjorn said:

I think I had the scenery library from FSX loaded with a previous version of LNM.

You'll see a lot of differences between simulator and LNM when using a FSX database for MSFS. This will also cause issues when loading flight plans since navigation aids like airways or waypoints change over time.

I'd install MSFS on the USB drive and let LNM load the data. Then you can unplug the drive. LNM will continue to use the loaded database.

Still no idea why there are German names. FSX does not provide these. Maybe an add-on.

Alex

• Like 1

Just wanted to report back after installing MSFS to my laptop and USB drive so I could load the Scenery Library.

The German translation has disappeared and everything is reading in American English. Thanks for your help @albar965!