Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

SU12 is LIVE

1 hour ago, David Mills said:

My download speed for SU12 and for all the Marketplace updates was especially fast today. I'm wondering whether the recent server problems that many have suffered may have occurred because MS/Asobo was in the process of upgrading the servers for the release of SU12. I guess we'll soon find out.

I'm afraid not. I started the update as soon as I saw it was available and the first 3 GB (of 4.5 GB total) were downloaded in less than 3 minutes. Really fast. But the  it started to slow down (many others started their update, I guess) and the last 0.1 GB took much longer than the first 3 GB.

• Like 1

Why are some of the items in the release notes in blue -- what does that signify?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, ark said:

Why are some of the items in the release notes in blue -- what does that signify?

Thanks.

I wondered the same thing.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m a moderator Noel. Who do you think checks things here? The tooth fairy?

Of course moderators check things on Avsim, but I would have thought moderators solidly allied to a different platform might patrol that forum primarily, is all, but maybe you do I have no idea.  It's okay Ray no problem just a thought that crossed my mind and the minds of some others I've noticed. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

7 minutes ago, ark said:

Thanks.

Hello ark,

Release note items in blue are links to the official forum bug thread where that issue was originally reported by players. We highlight them this way to show how the community has directly influenced the development of MSFS.

Thanks,

SeedyL, Community Manager

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, ark said:

Thanks.

They are these magic things called "Hyperlinks", not sure what they do.... 

😝

G

• Like 2

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

5 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

They are these magic things called "Hyperlinks", not sure what they do.... 

😝

G

Ah, I never put my mouse on one so didn't see the hyperlink -- thanks.  Those hyperlinks take you to other info on the that particular subject.

15 minutes ago, Noel said:

Of course moderators check things on Avsim, but I would have thought moderators solidly allied to a different platform might patrol that forum primarily, is all, but maybe you do I have no idea.  It's okay Ray no problem just a thought that crossed my mind and the minds of some others I've noticed. 

Have you counted the number of forums and sub forums Noel? There are lots. With this forum having the most posts it attracts more attention than the others. But all are scanned as new member  posts need approving.

We do other things too like ban spammers and make decisions on reported posts. Editing a long post was one of the easier jobs. 😁

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Can’t download until late tonight, can anyone say more about the spotlight events mentioned in the patch notes? What are they actually? 

30 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Have you counted the number of forums and sub forums Noel? There are lots. With this forum having the most posts it attracts more attention than the others. But all are scanned as new member  posts need approving.

We do other things too like ban spammers and make decisions on reported posts. Editing a long post was one of the easier jobs. 😁

Hey Ray dont be banning Spam , loved it as a lad grilled with ketchup on a toasted sandwich, now thats what i call living !

• Like 2

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

32 minutes ago, Flying-Hare said:

Are the clouds okay? I have never seen such clouds.

The clouds look spectacular to me -- better than ever after SU12! In the photo you posted, it looks like the cloud quality was reset to Low.

• Like 5

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Just now, David Mills said:

The clouds look spectacular to me -- better than ever after SU12! In the photo you posted, it looks like the cloud quality was reset to Low.

they are better than ever (set to high)

• Like 3

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

PMDG 737's were having some problems in beta.

There's now an update available on the PMDG ops centre to update your NGs to a new 3.0.64 version.

PMDG havnn't yet fixed the taxiing sadly. It's still tiller wheel and differential braking required for turns.

Calum Watt