Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

SU12 is LIVE

I was hoping against hope that after this update the lights would work on my Honeycomb Bravo.  Guess I'll keep hoping.  😞  

7 minutes ago, Jeff_M said:

I was hoping against hope that after this update the lights would work on my Honeycomb Bravo.  Guess I'll keep hoping.  😞  

Are you sure your exe.xml has the entry in for this to work? As mentioned at: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/honeycomb-bravo-throttle-quardrant-lights-not-working/439700/53

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Won't get in front of this update until later tonight (am at work here) but looks like I am seeing positive comments generally across the board. 

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Plenty amazed at how fast the update and startup went.  The 1/2 gig update from the XBOX app only took 4 minutes and the checking for updates screen only 3 minutes instead of the usual 20.  This all happened during internet primetime.

Kudos to all who got the startup working smoothly.

cheers

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071
  • Like 1

For those affected by the VR toolbar bug: Sky4Sim has just released a workaround auto-update to get their users going again until MS/Asobo repair the resolution bug.

In FSKneeboard, you can change the resolution using a zoom icon now, icons are still tiny, but this way you can at least make the map readable again. For detail see their Discord.

That was quick, a big thanks to the authors.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, Drumcode said:

What's the scoop with FSLTL. Do I use the SU11 injector, or do I download the experimental one for SU12?

Today's Discord broadcast (@everyone) on the recommended FSLTL version for SU12:

"With the release of SU12 we have now moved the experimental build of the injector to stable. There is no difference currently in the experimental and stable builds. Everyone should use v1.4.0 moving forward."

• Like 1

zachlog

About 30 minutes into a flight in the 737 and so far no issues. Update processed smoothly, all addons working well! The cooperation between Asobo and addon devs is working well for these SUs now.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Haven't seen any positives per se yet after one flight PMDG 738 KATL KDAB, and if anything slightly lesser performance but not sure yet on that one.  Fortunately except for the bigger domains most everyone would love to see major dedication on (ATC/cloud depiction/shader-based seasonal change) it's all been good already so as long as SU12 didn't kill anything it's I guess necessary progress on a lot of more subtle changes.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Not positive but the LOD textures appear to be loading quicker at a higher resolution. 

Also really natural looking distant cloud formations.

Very happy with the update so far.

Cheers

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071
  • Like 1

I’m surprised they did not fix the taxiway elevation issue at KDEN.  Yes, I have the FB version, but the terrain is more realistic in the default (except for those taxiways, which makes it unusable).  

I just finished a scenic flight at the golden hour from Toronto to New York City. The clouds were awe-inspiring and the flight was a relaxing pleasure. The only issue I've had thus far with SU12 was, at first, I got an error message about SimConnect. It then occurred to me that I hadn't updated Little Nav Map in eons. I'm talking years. So I updated Little Nav Map and everything worked smoothly thereafter. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Man... the positivity lately is just outstanding. 

This sim has really come a long way in a relatively short amount of time.      Go Go Go!!

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, JughedJones said:

This sim has really come a long way in a relatively short amount of time.      Go Go Go!!

Despite my critical remarks on toolbar regressions, I fully agree. Just back from a (VR) flight over the recent SamScene3D Bangkok in the evening sun in the Sting which has a full panorama view - it's just unreal how livelike and stunning this looks.

It's something I have been dreaming of for more than 30 years of flight simulation.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Did they improve cloud depiction in SU12? I almost can't believe how good this overcast scene looks. I swear there's stuff on my screen that I haven't seen before in MSFS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, pmb said:

it's just unreal how livelike and stunning this looks.

It's something I have been dreaming of for more than 30 years of flight simulation.

you took the words out of my mouth. I was about to give up flight simulation in 2019, got bored (P3D & x-plane) with the limited graphics and lack of avionics that we now take for granted in MSFS. and then, poof, out of nowhere came MSFS and that changed everything. Now I spend more time in the cockpit than with any other sim ever before. I suggest everybody try VR at least once. it is a whole different experience that can not be described with words. it requires the best possible great graphics and superb 3D modelling, only MSFS delivers all of that for me.

yes I admit, I am an addict.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.