Sign in to follow this  
lupedelupe

After SU12: cannot spawn from ramp

Every flight I start, in spite of selecting an off-runway starting position/ramp, the aircraft spawns with engines running on a runway.  🙄

Anyone else experiencing this? 

Edited by lupedelupe
Clarity

I had this happen once. I had selected the gate but the plane started on the runway with engines running. I thought I messed something up but I think this is a new bug. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I've started 4 flights, and all have ignored my chosen ramp. Computer restart made no difference (and yes, sim and Content Manager fully updated). 

I believe this can happen if you start a second flight with a new aircraft. Just exit the flight, re-select the parking bay and you should be ok. 

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

This is a bug but there is a workaround until they fix it.  If you cancel and reload the flight it will spawn from the gate.

Odd one. Not sure why it wasn't picked up in beta 

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

You don't need to cancel and reload your flight. You only have to choose your ramp or gate twice on the world map before starting the flight.

Btw. the bug was mentioned on the very first days of the beta but ignored by Asobo.

• Like 4

Ciao Michael

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC, 64GB Corsair DDR4 3600, MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi, LG C3 OLED 42" 4K Display, ViewSonic 16" Touchscreen.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Pendular Rudder, Stream Deck XL, Tobii Eyetracker, TrackIR 5.

Windows 11 Pro 24H2 Insider Build

I have this problem now, but as mentioned above, clicking twice on the parking spot prevents it.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Yes, thought I was going potty last night thinking why the bloody hell has it spawned me on the runway I'm sure I chose a gate!

• Like 3

I can't get the hang of the work-around.

How does one start a flight on the ramp now? Every attempt, I end up on the runway.

Thanks for any help

• Like 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

This happened to me after the update too, but I figured out it's quite simple:
If you change any parameter after selecting the ramp, like weather or type of aircraft, it will automatically revert to the runway. 
So choose the ramp after everything else. 

• Like 4

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

>snap< forgot to do that. I did hold my tongue just right though.   

Well, that's what I did @Republic3D. I'll try again tomorrow after I've downloaded the new Barron

Edited by RichieFly
  • Like 3

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I am seeing none of this.  I am flying GA and starting from ramp or parking, not from gates.  Just providing that info for whatever value it may contribute in resolving the reported issue.  Is there any consistent gate addon at play with those experiencing issues?

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

55 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I am seeing none of this.  I am flying GA and starting from ramp or parking, not from gates.  Just providing that info for whatever value it may contribute in resolving the reported issue.  Is there any consistent gate addon at play with those experiencing issues?

Not using anything like GSX. 

I had some success with using the text boxes at the top of the screen to select the gate number/parking spot. Usually I just right-click on a parking spot and select set departure. 

• Like 1

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS