Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

Just Flight Baron Released

Curious. I have the BS King Air and now the Bonanza but not sure if I should get the Baron. I already have the Blackbird 310 and the FlySimWare 414 (and the Seneca from Carenado).... Not sure how my experience would benefit from another twin. The 310 and 414 are both fairly in-depth in their own right.

Though, BS does a good job with Beechcraft planes....decisions!

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I don't have enough time right now to check into this further, but after my very first flight I couldn't help but notice an oddity with the flight model.

Not sure really if it's the flight model itself or the turn coordinator that needs fixing but...

the aircraft flies in an uncoordinated fashion regardless of applied torque and wing incidence...the slip ball seems to be asking for the same amount of right rudder no matter if you are in climb or in cruise phase (which should be incorrect to begin with)...but anyway...once you give a ton of right rudder to center the ball then the aircraft just keeps rolling right.

Last tested in still air.

I'm curious to know if the free PMS-750 can be installed in the BS Bonanza and Baron panels.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

2 hours ago, hangar said:

I don't have enough time right now to check into this further, but after my very first flight I couldn't help but notice an oddity with the flight model.

Not sure really if it's the flight model itself or the turn coordinator that needs fixing but...

the aircraft flies in an uncoordinated fashion regardless of applied torque and wing incidence...the slip ball seems to be asking for the same amount of right rudder no matter if you are in climb or in cruise phase (which should be incorrect to begin with)...but anyway...once you give a ton of right rudder to center the ball then the aircraft just keeps rolling right.

Last tested in still air.

Hmmm...the King Air has the same weird ball issue.

What I want to know is...is this a fly by mouse airplane?  E.g. Can you use hardware to control switches?  The King Air is fairly difficult to program...inverters, busses. etc.  

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

38 minutes ago, hangar said:

Ray - the Baron works with the TDS and from what I understand it should also work with the PMS version. Dunno about the Bonanza.

Thanks Dave, I am continuing to use the free PMS-750 so maybe someone (er Scott at Just Flight or someone from BS) can chime in and verify it is the FREE PMS-750 that you are referring to.  PMS has a paid version and a free version.  I think TDS only has the paid version.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks Dave, but, I downloaded the BS Baron manual from JF and it specifically says we can install the free PMS-750 so I am off to make the purchase. Neat.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 1

Anyone know how to get the Mixture Axis to work with FSUIPC on this one? I have tried various options as listed in the manual but the handles do not move. I did notice that the regular mixture axis (for my other twins) worked but the handles do not move. Took her out for a short hop and when I got her packed I pulled the mixture axis all the way to cut-off and both engines shut down as normal. Just rather weird I can't get those handles to move. By the way, she fly's like an eagle, very nice..

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

22 minutes ago, Pivot said:

Anyone know how to get the Mixture Axis to work with FSUIPC on this one? I have tried various options as listed in the manual but the handles do not move. I did notice that the regular mixture axis (for my other twins) worked but the handles do not move. Took her out for a short hop and when I got her packed I pulled the mixture axis all the way to cut-off and both engines shut down as normal. Just rather weird I can't get those handles to move. By the way, she fly's like an eagle, very nice..

Just for follow up, thinking about a purchase:

After seeing your post i just now checked the default MSFS Baron G58 and throttle, prop and mixture all ok with FSUIPC and also using the mouse.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Just reviewing for possible purchase.

Anybody doing approaches and noticed any problems?

I seen this mentioned in the MSFS forum by:
“VanDisaster

First flight:

I did an ILS touch & go enroute, and COM2/NAV2 died immediately after ( using pms50 750 / radio stack combo ). Would also not hold glideslope - fixed that in the king air by the extra download from PMS50, so I’ll be looking for one for this after the flight.
    Pilot air & cabin heat tooltips are back to front, took me a while to work out how to get my cabin heat up!

FM could do with a bit more inertia, otherwise it’s a nice job so far.”

Link to the post:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/black-square-steam-gauge-overhaul-baron-58/581523

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

6 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

Curious. I have the BS King Air and now the Bonanza but not sure if I should get the Baron. I already have the Blackbird 310 and the FlySimWare 414 (and the Seneca from Carenado).... Not sure how my experience would benefit from another twin. The 310 and 414 are both fairly in-depth in their own right.

Though, BS does a good job with Beechcraft planes....decisions!

I'm having the same dilemma. Do I need another twin? I already have their King Air and the only real issue I have with that plane is the way the way the reversers are over done, wish they'd tune their existing planes before they put a new plane on the market. I'll probably get this one anyway, still on the fence though. 

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

49 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Just for follow up, thinking about a purchase:

After seeing your post i just now checked the default MSFS Baron G58 and throttle, prop and mixture all ok with FSUIPC and also using the mouse.

Yeah the mouse works fine and all worked in the default Baron. They have an FAQ near the end of the manual that makes mention of the requirements for the mixture. Looks like it's going to be a button mapping technique unfortunately. I am still trying to utilize FSUIPC even going as far as setting stepped actions but so far no joy and FSUIPC doesn't have the BkSq key command yet. Maybe an update will bring it forth. Again, having it set as a general Mixture Axis works, it just doesn't move the handles. No worries though.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

1 hour ago, Daytona125 said:

I'm having the same dilemma. Do I need another twin? I already have their King Air and the only real issue I have with that plane is the way the way the reversers are over done, wish they'd tune their existing planes before they put a new plane on the market. I'll probably get this one anyway, still on the fence though. 

BS obviously spends a lot of time with what they do. Instead of focusing on textures/modeling they end up going straight to what some/most of us want (generalizing): systems depth. The discount is nice after the Bonanza but I will likely not get this because I have several twins few of which are considered high fidelity...plus they have the things I love as well like other aesthetics (chocks, static gear, doors etc). I love these sorts of things when I am doing a walkaround.

However, if I didn't own a higher-fidelity twin already, I'd get this in a heartbeat.

Then again.....getting a discount is also kind of nice.

I have a problem.

• Like 2

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

1 hour ago, Daytona125 said:

It's awful I would avoid it at all costs.... 😉😉

52767673818_e851397ea1_k.jpgasxgs by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

(300 kts anyone?)  Who needs O2 anyway?

52767186486_910adb6930_k.jpg300 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |