Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Downloadable Aircraft List

Guest Weeman

I dont know if its already out there somewhere or if it hasnt been made yet but i was thinking that it would be very useful to see a full list of aircraft downloadable for flightsim. In example 737's...there is Ariane, Fifty North, Project Opensky, FFX/SGA, Kittyhawk....Can anybody tell me where to find a list of these or if not make one? Like This.....-737 Ariane Fifty North FFX/SGA KittyHawk Project Opensky Thanks -Phil

There are likely to be well over 20,000 a/c available, unless you're limiting the list to only "true FSX" aircraft packages...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest jshyluk

I remember an old Arthur C. Clarke short story where some monks on a remote mountaintop get the idea that if they can come up with all of the possible names for God, then they will reach a state of exalted blessedness. They somehow manage to get their hands on a supercomputer, and when the techie who installs it for them figures out what all the IBM is for, he realizes that when the last name for God is written out, our Universe will come to an end. Bummer.A list of all of the downloadable aircraft would be maybe 5 or 6 items shorter than the God Name list. Still, there are places to start.Naturally, the AVSIM reviews section will list a fair number of aircraft. That would lead you to various developers. If you e-mail them nicely, they might have lists of their own products on hand that they can send you. Failing that, you can go to the websites yourself, and make your own lists. Internet search engines can provide you with lists of aircraft as well, although the vast majority are of real-world aircraft. You can use those lists to cross-check your virtual aircraft list. I have a collection of museum books and other references that I keep to get quick facts on a variety of real-world aircraft for my reviews and such (I never know when I will need to inject the correct P-factor for a Supermarine Spitfire into a conversation!), so your local library might be able to help with that. There's also some aviation hobby magazines as well, I think they might help, but I don't follow any of them. Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

>I remember an old Arthur C. Clarke short story where some>monks on a remote mountaintop get the idea that if they can>come up with all of the possible names for God, then they will>reach a state of exalted blessedness. They somehow manage to>get their hands on a supercomputer, and when the techie who>installs it for them figures out what all the IBM is for, he>realizes that when the last name for God is written out, our>Universe will come to an end. Bummer.One of my all time favorite stories. ;)The Nine Billion Names of Godhttp://lucis.net/stuff/clarke/9billion_clarke.htmlI am blessed to have the complete collected works of Clarke, Heinlien and Asimov in 1st edition, autographed hardbacks.Now I'm working on David Drake and Eric Flint. Eric's a neighbor of mine, so getting his autograph is pretty easy!

Fr. Bill    

Guest Weeman

Ok true...I should have clarified what types of planes. Im talking only airliners like boeing, airbus, mcdonald douglas...that may still be long to but dont you think that avsim should have and aircraft select list when you download a plane....similar to airliners.net where you pick a jet and airline and it only gives you a list of THAT jet. Type in Us Airways in the search and you get 40 billion files...not related to Us Airways.

Guest jshyluk

AVSIM is run by a volunteer staff. We certainly don't work for profit. Speaking for myself, there are many times when the Outside World becomes more important than AVSIM, since that's where I tend to keep all of my stuff. That being said, your idea is an excellent one. We would gladly look at any list that you could come up with, as I am sure it would be very useful. On the other hand, if you're asking us to increase our workload just to satisfy your curiosity, I feel that I can safely yet kindly decline this opportunity on the grounds that we are pretty busy as it is. Jeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, Avsim

>Ok true...I should have clarified what types of planes. Im>talking only airliners like boeing, airbus, mcdonald>douglas...that may still be long to but dont you think that>avsim should have and aircraft select list when you download a>plane....similar to airliners.net where you pick a jet and>airline and it only gives you a list of THAT jet. Type in Us>Airways in the search and you get 40 billion files...not>related to Us Airways. Apparently you haven't tried the "Advanced Search" facilities here in the File Library. You can quite easily do just what you're asking for... Well, pretty much so anyway! ;)

Fr. Bill