Sign in to follow this  
iliasr

after Nvidia Driver 531.41update...

Thank you all for your reply , reverted the previous 531.29 driver and all back in normal ..

DLSS balance ,DX12,  4k all ultra

• Upvote 1

My 3070 just crashed using the 531.41 driver.  Have not had an issue in over a year.  Going to have to roll back to 531.29.

• Upvote 1

Read on the Guru3d site a post of someone noticing card temperatures going up compared to former 531.29 in similar situattions. Could be hardware related but where there is smoke there is fire.

In addition, in my case, FSLTL and GSX are also running. Could negatively influence the temperatures as well. I'll stay on 531.29 for now.

• Upvote 1

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

I updated to the latest driver and last night, halfway into a 3 hour flight with the A310, the sim froze and message popped up about temps and drivers. I've never had this happen before, my gaming rig is coming up on 6 months old. Card is a 3080Ti.

Had to dump the sim and then I rolled back to my previous driver. All seems well now - I'll be trying another flight this evening.

• Like 1

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

So far so good here.

I haven't been looking at temps recently so will have no comparison, but will have a peep at what temp the GPU is actually running at next time I boot up MSFS in VR.

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

You may want to view this video. The problem might be the graphics card, especially if you have a 3080Ti. FYI.

Version: P3Dv5.4, P3Dv6  CPU: Core i7-13700K @ 5.5 GHz with HT on,  GPU: RTX 3080 12GB,  RAM: 32GB DDR-5MONITOR: 32" 4K with G-Sync enabled, OS: Win10 22H2, Target Frame Rate: P3D 120, NCP Max Frame Rate 35.

On 3/24/2023 at 8:45 AM, TooLowTooSlow said:

.... why is MSFS 2020 never selected as a GeForce Game Ready for the next driver's update? Just curious.

Because they know better....

• Upvote 1

Had no issues so far.

• Upvote 1

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

I flew a 2 hr flight in the PMDG B737 last night followed by couple of missions in IL2 Sturmovik Great Battles without any issues after rolling back to my previous driver from the 531.41.

The YouTube video was interesting, but doesn't apply as my card is not a Gigabyte.

Regards,

Scott

Edited by ndflieger
Clarification

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Still no problem here with 531.41.  I'm running a factory overclocked ASUS TUF 3080Ti GPU and have just done a flight in VR (HP Reverb G2) in the PMDG 737-700 using manual, auto-pilot and FMC.

Switching to VR from 2D brings my temps up from 57 degrees to 64 degrees and over the flight maxed at 66 degrees.  The card was working fairly hard at 93% VRAM usage and clock speed reported by ASUS GPU Tweak II to be running at between 1755Mhz average to 1995Mhz max over the flight.

Performance-wise, 531.41 seems fine - no noticeable difference to my previous driver (528.02) either way that I have noticed so far.  

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Well my sim has never been so smooth as now, don’t know if it is related to the new driver or the win11 update. My locked fps stays at 48fps landing  on regional airports , FSLTL , with my old 2080ti, 3800x3d, 1440 x 1,78 using dsr.

Is the bug with ground textures bleeding through fixed on DX12 yet?

I just had this happen to me after updating to 531.41. Had not seen this issue. I got an error saying the my graphics card was overheating due to a graphical error. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

1 hour ago, s0cks said:

Is the bug with ground textures bleeding through fixed on DX12 yet?

We'll see the second coming of Jésus before anything with DX12 is fixed or officially released! 

Edited by shamrockflyer