Sign in to follow this  
iliasr

after Nvidia Driver 531.41update...

...Sim is stop working some minutes from started flight with the message for gpu (rtx 3080ti 16gb) overclock, overheat or driver issue...

the temp was normal and isn't overclocked, any suggestions ?

hm, downloading now and will play the next guinea pig, always was lucky so far so willing to jump. will report

EDIT installation went fine (as expected), will do a quick flight now

Edited by DAD
  • Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I have this from time to time (not really often) with my 3080Ti in different games. Drivers seem to crash, GPU goes insane until i push the reset button on my computer.

Never happned with any other nvidia GPU before. Is not a MSFS issue, i think. More a driver thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

Another guinea pig here. 

Nothing particular to report. Sim runs as it did the day prior to 531.41.

On a side note, why is MSFS 2020 never selected as a GeForce Game Ready for the next driver's update? Just curious.

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

• Like 1

currently driving the FENIX from ENVA to ESGG in live weather, so far all fine right after takeoff. possibly less fluid though but so far no overheat messages, will report back once landed

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

i have reinstalled the driver clean install in nvidia experience restarted pc and sim, same result, 3 flights attempt in heavy airports ,RKSI and VHHH, stopped again ones 5 min after and 30 min after on taxiing with same message ...

Download since yesterday, no problem so far. Wait and see...

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

11 minutes ago, TooLowTooSlow said:

Another guinea pig here. 

Nothing particular to report. Sim runs as it did the day prior to 531.41.

On a side note, why is MSFS 2020 never selected as a GeForce Game Ready for the next driver's update? Just curious.

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

that's was my thought too ...

No issues here. But, as usual, there's not a blind bit of difference either!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

No issues here. But, as usual, there's not a blind bit of difference either!

Same!

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

No issues here.

• Like 1

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

1 hour ago, iliasr said:

...Sim is stop working some minutes from started flight with the message for gpu (rtx 3080ti 16gb) overclock, overheat or driver issue...

the temp was normal and isn't overclocked, any suggestions ?

I had the same issue last days with the studio driver already updated to 531.41. I then uninstalled that driver and installed the game ready driver which then was at 531.29. Solved my problem. So guess it has to do with the 531.41 release. Guess I'll wait updating....

• Like 1

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

...til  531.29  was really smooth working , i'll try to revert if find this version

In the last MS / Asobo twitch session a few days ago, they kept emphasising 'always use the latest Nvidia drivers'.
A lot of the issues they were detecting with their new crash analysis system were down as GPU / Driver issues.
I know it sounds like a bit of buck-passing, but the original DX12 issues were solved by a newer Nvidia driver if you remember (working in conjunction with Asobo).

PS.  A lot of performance related issues after a driver update can happen due to changes in settings caused by the update.
I have not had this myself, but I have seen some posts where people swear their settings were changed after a driver update.
It is one of those things difficult to pin down, why it happens to some and not others.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.