Sign in to follow this  
nojwod

SU12 horizontal lines across mountains

Since SU12 when I set up a flight and switch to VR, I get multiple lines across the mountains in the scenery.  I'm still trying to test to see if it's associated with the OpenXR Toolkit Companion but first indications are that it doesn't make any difference.  I'm also not sure if it is only on a change of flight, I didn't notice it on my fisrst flight but the second flight from the main Menu I did, but I also changed location.

After they appear, if I go to 2D monitor, they are still there.

Anyone else seeing this?

Those have been around since the beginning and asobo has said no fix is planned. 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

15 hours ago, Hatch76 said:

Those have been around since the beginning and asobo has said no fix is planned. 

Are you sure you don't mean the generic single line that sits on the horizon level?  I'm talking about multiple lines right across the distant scenery.  ever seen before.  I'd better get a screenshot so you know what I'm talking about.

Here is the screenshot.  These lines didn't appear in the first flight I loaded, but when I went back into the Main Menu and generated a second flight the lines appeared in VR.  Switching to 2D didn't change anything, they are still there.

VR%20Problem.jpg

Yes that's the horizon Line bug, been in the Sim since alpha and Asobo have shown no interest in fixing it ("too deep in the code" is their reason)

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/horizon-line-visible-through-mountains-and-objects/

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I would temporarily disable everything in the community folder.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Problem soled I was running 1.2 something of the Open XR Toolkit Companion but updating to 1.3 solved it.  Issue closed but someone else might have the same issue so I'll leave this post up.

47 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Yes that's the horizon Line bug, been in the Sim since alpha and Asobo have shown no interest in fixing it ("too deep in the code" is their reason)

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/horizon-line-visible-through-mountains-and-objects/

No it's a completely different bug.  That horizon line has always been there and is easily ignored.  These lines, multiple obvious lines, can't be ignored.

Or did you not even see my screenshot?

Edited by nojwod
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nojwod said:

the Open XR Toolkit Companion

what good is that for?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

4 minutes ago, nojwod said:

No it's a completely different bug.  That horizon line has always been there and is easily ignored.  These lines, multiple obvious lines, can't be ignored.

Or did you not even see my screenshot?

Yes I have the exact same thing, if you look at the link I posted others have the exact same thing; it's the Horizon Line Bug, plain and simple.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

"Google it?"

fantastic answer, I was wondering why YOU are using it. I had it before myself but didn't see any advantage and have read it could actually slow things down which would defeat the purpose. but forget it, never mind.

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

The OpenXR toolkit may or may not serve for (or even cause) performance issues, however it has an important function which I was unable to achieve in any other way: Modifying colors under VR.

Colors in my Reverb1 were always washed out, until I modified them using the OpenXR toolkit. They're still not as good as on my (hardware-calibrated) 2D screen but certainly much better than without the toolkit.

For details see here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/openxr-toolkit-upscaling-world-scale-hand-tracking-release-thread/493924/3623

It' s a (too) long thread but the first entry will get you going, as it includes good documentation and a link to download the most recent version.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I use it for the colour and the foveated rendering, amongst other things.  Wouldn't do without it.  There's a ton of information about all of the advantages at a site where people go for lots of information, much more than we can fit into a reply such as this.

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

Yes I have the exact same thing, if you look at the link I posted others have the exact same thing; it's the Horizon Line Bug, plain and simple.

Not a single one of the shots in that link show anything like my screenshot, one shows some faint multiple lines, yes, but the rest are either that single horizon marker, or some sort of colour banding it looks like.  Anyway like I said it's fixed so it's time this was put to bed.