Sign in to follow this  
jcboliveira

Dxdiag version

Guest Pilot533

When I run dxdiag it says I have direct x 10 installed, could this be why fsx is so blurry for me? Should I uninstall it and install direct x 9? And when is dx9L supposed to come out?

Guest diajohn2

Vista is DX10. FSX is not there quite yet. It will use DX9 until later this year.

The nomenclature of DirectX is poor IMHO. they should have called it DirectXVista or something. Then they could say it was operating in D3d9 or D3d10 grpahics mode, as appropriate to hardware and game.scott s..

>When I run dxdiag it says I have direct x 10 installed, could>this be why fsx is so blurry for me? Should I uninstall it>and install direct x 9? And when is dx9L supposed to come>out?If you have Vista, then you have DX10 and DX9.0L already. Vista will use whichever is required by the software you're running. :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Vista has a DirectX9 called L (Longhorn) used in in Aero interface. This version allows to use DirectX9 in the Vista driver model. However there is a catch in the process.DirectX9 after Directx9 C started a new naming convention based in date stamps. The latest is the DirectX9 August 2007. Each 2 months a new version is released. A new version is composed by a SDK and a run time. If a developer uses any facility provided in a specific SDK month version then you need at least the corresponding run time version. Of course from time to time a run time has some bug solved or code improvement (I believe that June 2007 had shader performance improvement). Usually the developer provides the necessary run time version in the installer.Basically this means that the DirectX9 L could not be the latest DirectX9. Link for August 2007 run time:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=enPersonally I have the June 2007 installed.Jos