Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

Kern Valley Airport (L05)

3WOEPVb.png

L05 is located in Southern California, in the southern Sierra Mountains. In the stunning area of Lake Isabella, Kern Valley Airport is great little airport, with a single 3'500 ft (1067 meters) runway. You will enjoy on camping for pilot flying in, next to the Kern River, with its own parking and taxiway. Don't forget the iconic onsite Kern Airport cafe! For helo addicts, Kern Valley has a helipad used by the U.S. Forest Service where you can do firefighting operations.

Enjoy for free
https://flightsim.to/file/52156/kern-valley-airport-l05

Kern Valley Airport was one of my favorite small airfield in FSx/P3D. Nor only because of the great rendition by Orbx but also because the region was stunning: Isabella lake, Kern river, the south of the Sierra Nevada mountains, the runway into the valley. It’s also a pilot’s challenge due to the high altitude + high temperature. Did I mention the wind also?

Features

• Add the iconic Kern Cafe custom building
  • Add the sloped parking area
  • Add parallel wire ropes/cable on main apron to secure your aircraft
  • Add tents and redesign the camp ground
  • Add the only taxiway sign (you have to find it 🙂 )
  • Add perimeter fence (most... still WIP, almost done)
  • Add numerous objects in front of the Cafe : iconic weather report stone, commemorative sign, playground, welcome sign
  • Add the segmented circle for the Windsock
  • Add helipads starting position
  • Delete all (unreal) autogen taxiway signs
  • Enhanced the terraforming
  • Replace all default autogen buildings
  • Reposition taxiways and markings
  • Reveal the "ELEV 2614" marking on the taxiway
  • Clean up the shore and watermask of Lake Isabella close to the airport
  • Fix the traffic pattern location: right for both side because of the mountain on east side

The scenic view. Approach is awesome

M3BtNmD.jpeg

"Welcome Pilots" don't forget to pay tie down & fees upon arrival

HUsclH6.jpeg

H9sDXY6.jpeg

Kern Valley airport has also its own heliport

AeOlTKm.jpeg

Enjoy fire fighting operations

wsOYdti.jpeg

Gw88WT5.jpeg

Kern Valley has a campground dedicated for pilots and their plane: your taxiway + your parking

GfKHGsH.jpeg

FyB1waL.jpeg

6iQJq9d.jpeg

WXrKGZm.jpeg

Caution, there's a sloped parking area. Secure your plane!

wogUp1Z.jpeg

A5AUKRr.jpeg

wQ6T9yK.jpeg

QssroN1.jpeg

e2lNQSo.jpeg

Enjoy for free: https://flightsim.to/file/52156/kern-valley-airport-l05

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 24
  • Upvote 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Excellent, thank you so much !!

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Vincent, your grace knows no bounds. 

Thank you and may God Bless all your days and your beautiful handiwork!

-Braun

Edited by btacon
  • Like 2

Thank you for your great work!  This looks like a beautiful area of California that I haven’t spent much sim time in yet, that’s about to change! 

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thank you for these beautiful airfields. Is that map indicative that you're going to make KMPI too? 😁😁

Edited by V1ROTA7E

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

Thank you all!

33 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Is that map indicative that you're going to make KMPI too?

I was thinking of it. Don't know if it worth the energy. I have some personal material (videos, pics, flew there 2 or 3 times) but still wandering if there's something to reproduce iconic and interesting finally.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Wow each release is a solid improvement of quality from the last.  Thank you so much!

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thank You

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)
  • Like 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Thank you Vincent!  You are becoming a legend.  I fly your airports all the time.  Don't want to fly anywhere else. 

• Like 1

--- Jim  ---

Vince, a superb creation. I must say I had a few moments of trepidation with your  scenery. I spawned at the "campground" and looked around and didn't  see any of the details I expected to see. I rebooted, ensured the scenery and libraries were loaded. I reread your fs.to post remarking that WU II and WU X were needed.  I downloaded them. Still no weather rock, no signs. Then I utilized the drone and finally discovered that your masterpiece really centered on the opposite end of the airfield. Wow.. Great job.. Having fun utilizing it as the base for the Tweety bird and AN-2. Thank you for your hard work. I even fly routinely from  KSEE  to L05. Nice trip. Thank you for all you do. 

• Like 1

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 4080FE, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

Thank-you Vincent, another scenery that was worth waiting for. What a great little spot to visit. Definitely had my hands full on takeoff and landing today with the turbulence and gusting winds.

Aside from some minor LOD popping from the segmented circle around the wind sock, everything renders great - crisp textures everywhere and very FPS friendly too.

Love that static Stearman. Didn't get a look at the Cal Fire helo but that could just be my settings.

• Like 1

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD