Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

JFK 13L Lead in lights missing MSFS until now?

The best NYC approach to fly is  the  Parkway visual 13L.  You really need to follow the lead in lights on this one but MSFS and any addon scenery has them missing.  Even the Enhanced Hight scenery.   I discovered this site who claims to have them added. Has anyone used this?  It seems to be FREE.

https://bg.flightsim.to/file/48731/kjfk-rlls-ldin-approach-lights-for-canarsie-parkway-visual

Paul Gugliotta

Think this might get better traction in the MSFS 2020 forum?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I have this mod installed courtesy by TMongun , It works as expected, it’s a nice solution to LDIN lights missing issue.

1 hour ago, polosim said:

I have this mod installed courtesy by TMongun , It works as expected, it’s a nice solution to LDIN lights missing issue.

Polo:

Thanks for your reply;  A few questions for you if you don't mind:

1.  works as expected?  does that mean good?  excellent?  any description.

2.  If I download the file. do I just extract anywhere in my community folder.  I never messed with that folder.

Paul Gugliotta

31 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

does that mean good?

If it had to be qualified, it would be good.

31 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

works as expected? 

It is similar to what you can see when you perform this approach in real life.

33 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

If I download the file. do I just extract anywhere in my community folder.

Just unzip and drop into Community folder, if you don't like the result, just deleted. No harm or messed to your sim.

A little help needed.  I downloaded the file. I created a new folder in my community folder JFK LIGHTS and I extracted the download file in that folder.  But the lights don't show up.  I think I am missing a step??  Please help.  I am not too computer savvy.

Edited by paulyg123

Paul Gugliotta

19 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

A little help needed.  I downloaded the file. I created a new folder in my community folder JFK LIGHTS and I extracted the download file in that folder.  But the lights don't show up.  I think I am missing a step??  Please help.  I am not too computer savvy.

You took one step too many... extract the zip file directly into your Community folder.

In your Community folder you should then have a new folder containing scenery, manifest and layout.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

OK Bert:  Thanks so much for your guidance.  I got it working. My mistake was creating a new folder in my community folder.  

The added lights do indeed make a big difference.  I just flew the approach in real weather (rain and fog) and the lights were a huge help.

Thanks again for your assistance 

Edited by paulyg123
  • Like 1

Paul Gugliotta