Sign in to follow this  
SkylaneT

Strange taxi instructions

I have a problem with ATC giving me strange taxi instructions with the latest P2A beta. Is it just me or someone else have this problem?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Screenshot-3.jpg

Screenshot-4.jpg

Screenshot-5.jpg

Usually these sort of issues are related to the taxi data.  Checking the airports in question in TaxiMnt will usually show missing taxiways, causing the program to have to use the runway.  Importing taxiways from your SIM usually improves the situation.

Nothing changed related to Taxi Route creation in the latest beta.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

I've reinstalled my whole system two weeks ago and maybe something went wrong with importing taxiways. I've always do the same thing if/when i am reinstalling. I run MakeRwys and then I import all taxiways and gates.

This is LDPL airport that was causing me problem. And this is how it looks with database import from makerwys.
taxi-mnt.jpg

I've saved original files for scenery (P2ABaseData.mdf and P2ABaseData_log.ldf), and I just run a test with them. With original scenery database taxi instructions are fine.
LDPL.jpg   

And this is how LDPL looks with original scenery database files.
taxi-mnt-2.jpg

So what was I doing wrong when I was importing scenery? What settings are recommended for Import scenery? Maybe I should disable Overwrite Taxiways and Gates at Modified Airports?

If you make manual changes to an airport, it is marked as a Modified Airport.  Disabling Overwrite at Modified Airports would only affect the airports in the Modified Airports list.

All the extra taxi points you can see in the MSFS version of the taxiways sometimes gets in the way of good taxi instructions.  

In this particular case, I believe the problem is with the backtrack required to get to RW27's takeoff position and not required for RW09.  I will have to look at the algorithm to see if I can fix it for this situation.  In the meantime, you could move the runway end for 27 closer to the taxiway and then you'll get taxi instructions without starting at the opposite end of the runway.

Dave

• Like 1