Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Location of aircraft.cfg?

Sorry, lads, I can't find the config file no matter where I look (in all the normal places). Can someone please point me in the right direction?

5 hours ago, rightseat said:

Sorry, lads, I can't find the config file no matter where I look (in all the normal places). Can someone please point me in the right direction?

If you talking about the C414 and you did NOT purchase it from the MarketPlace, the aircraft.cfg file should be under C:... \Community\flysimware-cessna-414aw\SimObjects\Airplanes\flysimware_cessna_414AW.

If you did purchase the C414 from the MarketPlace, I would think it would be under something like
C:... \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\flysimware-cessna-414aw \SimObjects\Airplanes\flysimware-cessna-414aw.

In the above flysimware-cessna-414aw is in bold to indicate I don't know exactly what the entry looks like since I did not get the C414 from the MarketPlace.  I suppose there is also the possibility with a MarketPlace purchase that the aircraft.cfg file is encrypted -- just don't know.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 10:17 AM, rightseat said:

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I've now been told that in the MarketPlace version of the C414 the aircraft.cfg file is encrypted, so if that is the version you have then that is why you can't find it.

Al

• Like 1

That would explain things, then.... crud.

Thank you for letting me know. 🙂

16 hours ago, HawkDsl said:

Why is that?

If you mean why is the aircraft cfg file encrypted, you would have to ask MS. It is certainly not a developer decision.

Al