Sign in to follow this  
WestAir

No jetways or AI whenever I land

I apologize if this has been discussed and I just failed to find the appropriate thread, but every time I fly into a default airport I'm greeted with very low quality terminal buildings, no jetways, and no AI aircraft. I have to park and "pretend" to use airstairs at the gate, assuming the terminal building renders at all. When I reload the game to do a return flight I have a wondrous terminal building with jetways and tons of traffic and cars.

I'm not sure what's causing this, but I'd love to hear solutions to this problem. I use GSX with the low airport vehicle settings, AIG at 66% traffic, and the Fenix A320. This problem does not appear with store-bought airports like the iniBuilds KLAX or FlyTampa's KLAS. As for specs, I'm on Windows 11 Home 64 bit, running on an Intel i9-12900KF and RTX 3080 Ti, with 2x16GB DDR5 6400, and MSFS is on its own dedicated Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD.

Thanks for any help!

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Any help here?

Took a personal day from work and did a flight from KDFW to KJFK, and this is what I saw upon landing: No AI. No terminal. No vehicles.

338335603_639906491308708_75551660354025

There has to be a setting or something I can do to prevent this.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Do  you have On Line Functionality turned on? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

39 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Do  you have On Line Functionality turned on? 

Yeah

3 hours ago, WestAir said:

There has to be a setting or something I can do to prevent this.

Yes you can. Reduce the number of objects that simconnect has to load. When it surpasses 1000, this will happen.

AI (with ground objects) used together with GSX will cause this. 

12 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Yes you can. Reduce the number of objects that simconnect has to load. When it surpasses 1000, this will happen.

AI (with ground objects) used together with GSX will cause this. 

Bummer. I have GSX on the lowest setting and AIG at 50% traffic. (Traffic is so low I'm always #1 for take-off).

What do you have your settings at?

Go into your FSDT GSX configurator and make sure 'Extra Ground Clutter' is unchecked...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

Go into your FSDT GSX configurator and make sure 'Extra Ground Clutter' is unchecked...

It's unchecked. Is there anything else I can do, short of choosing between AIG and GSX?

I had to choose between AI and GSX. It’s ludicrous. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

17 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

I had to choose between AI and GSX. It’s ludicrous. 

It is. Why is there a simobject limit anyways?

24 minutes ago, WestAir said:

It is. Why is there a simobject limit anyways?

Asobo had introduced this limit in one of the more recent updates (somewhere between SU10 and SU12) - no one seems to know why. There are some third-party devs petitioning (GSX's Umberto, FSLTL's whakamolenz, and AIG's Kaiii included) to remove this limit as it does impact immersion with respect to scenery objects.

Increase Allowed Sim Object Limit - MSFS DevSupport (flightsimulator.com)

Edited by AeroMaster12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AeroMaster12 said:

Asobo had introduced this limit in one of the more recent updates (somewhere between SU10 and SU12) - no one seems to know why. There are some third-party devs petitioning (GSX's Umberto, FSLTL's whakamolenz, and AIG's Kaiii included) to remove this limit as it does impact immersion with respect to scenery objects.

Increase Allowed Sim Object Limit - MSFS DevSupport (flightsimulator.com)

From that thread:

Kaiii3 avatar image
Kaiii3 commented Jan 29 2023 at 10:10 AM

Highly needed request, specially as long as we have the 1% Ground Vehicle bug (spawning all airplane services for each AI airplane) as well....

I have my ground vehicles set to 1%. If there is a bug that spawns services for each AI aircraft, that could explain part of my problems.

I set my traffic from 1% to 2%, and as you can see every single AI aircraft has an army of vehicles sucking up simobjects.

340102525_233285592568728_63926819794743

I turned airport vehicles to 0% and it must be saving me hundreds of simobjects. This is the result:

339247722_1481608382370359_7815315767069

Going to do another flight in a few days and see if I make it to my destination without any disappearing terminal buildings, jetbridges, or AI.

Edited by WestAir

19 hours ago, WestAir said:

It's unchecked. Is there anything else I can do, short of choosing between AIG and GSX?

Yup. In AIG you can turn off the service vehicles that spawn with the AI on the ground. Just deselect them, run the Verify Setup. And then hope for the best. It should give you more headroom, but not in all situations.

• Like 1