Sign in to follow this  
PILOT'S

PILOT'S Boeing B-314 v1.15 (MSFS) Update Released

I am happy to let you all know that PILOT’S B-314 - The Clipper v1.15 is now available!

Numerous items have been addressed, the external exits are now animated and functional, you can open and close them by using the switches on the communications panel, which is situated to the left of the Engineer Panel at the back of the VC.

The VC wing access doors are also animated and can be opened via their respective door handle.

The bug fix I had put in place for the Hobbs meter seems to be working too now, I welcome your feedback on this 2nd update within 2 weeks of our initial release.

Jerome

dFdc3zw.png

SwvTZ2q.png

Edited by PILOT'S
  • Like 2

For those trying to understand where the switch is to open the external door, it is the ‘port nacelle’ switch on the communications panel to the left of the engineer’s panel.  There is no indication that it has  anything to do with a door but through experimenting ( in the absence of clear instructions from the developer) I discovered this.  Also, the communications panel is NOT at the ‘back of the VC’ as stated by the developer.  It is behind the radio operator’s seat,  just to the left of the engineer’s panel.

Edited by Charles KS
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It would help enormously if you could add a picture of that switch and its location....

THANK YOU!

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

Jerome, thank for this latest update and the work you have accomplished so far.

I have question though:
should there not be (as in the P3D versions) a few save situations to start with, like engines running at Foynes or cold and dark at La Guardia?
I cannot find anything like that and I am not sure if those exist or if I simply am to stupid to find them 🙂

Thank you for a quick reply

Jürgen

Juergen Vollmer

15 hours ago, Charles KS said:

For those trying to understand where the switch is to open the external door, it is the ‘port nacelle’ switch on the communications panel to the left of the engineer’s panel.  There is no indication that it has  anything to do with a door but through experimenting ( in the absence of clear instructions from the developer) I discovered this.  Also, the communications panel is NOT at the ‘back of the VC’ as stated by the developer.  It is behind the radio operator’s seat,  just to the left of the engineer’s panel.

Charles, I consider the front of the VC the cockpit, and the area behind that the back of the VC. All the relevant switches are clearly marked, please see the screenshots below.

Jerome

gXub9fY.png

Vr1lEQr.png

lpjySaE.png

KLcds3v.png

qfe7otg.png

UOH8t8y.png

2 hours ago, Scorpio47 said:

It would help enormously if you could add a picture of that switch and its location....

THANK YOU!

Please see above.

Regarding the saved situations in P3D, this was done as there were a limited amount of water based starting positions in P3D at the time. Since we have supplied a bunch of free seaports with the B-314 for MSFS, you can very easily create these yourself. Pick any of the seaports by searching for the number 314 in the airport list, then choose the position you wish to start at and save it.

Jerome

Edited by PILOT'S
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, PILOT'S said:

Please see above.

Regarding the saved situations in P3D, this was done as there were a limited amount of water based starting positions in P3D at the time. Since we have supplied a bunch of free seaports with the B-314 for MSFS, you can very easily create these yourself. Pick any of the seaports by searching for the number 314 in the airport list, then choose the position you wish to start at and save it.

Jerome

Thanks Jerome, I have done that actually....
I just was curious to find out if there were any and just did not find them. So it seems I am not THAT stupid after all 😉

As to those switches, I  could not find them, because I have those labels switched off (HARD setting) 😞

Edited by Scorpio47

Juergen Vollmer

Yes, any one of us who don't have the label highlight function enabled would never guess a port nacelle switch actually opens a door.  But thanks to the developer for clarifying the situation.

• Like 2

In the P3D version I had to create a separate, non-canon panel to provide switches for the exits. That approach is not possible in the MSFS version, so this was the 'replacement' for the P3D panel.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Charles KS said:

Yes, any one of us who don't have the label highlight function enabled would never guess a port nacelle switch actually opens a door.  But thanks to the developer for clarifying the situation.

Found everything now and switched the labels on again to make it easier.... The even show the newly assigned functions!!! (cf. pics above posted by Jerome)
Thank you again, Jerome, Dai, and also Charles KS for your understanding 😉

Edited by Scorpio47

Juergen Vollmer

Download page is telling me wrong key for product despite several checks. Where do I find help? THANKS!

The Green, yellow and red around the gauges is far, far to vibrant..for an aircraft as old as dirt. To me it stands out in every screenshot.

Its needs toning down, ageing, weathering... 

Luke Pype

On 3/30/2023 at 10:17 PM, jsb1 said:

Download page is telling me wrong key for product despite several checks. Where do I find help? THANKS!

This is incorrect, the download page will never ask you for any key!

You need to login to your account using your Username / Email and associated password, the download page will then display the download link under the MY DOWNLOADS section of your account.

Jerome

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 1:47 PM, MaDDogz said:

The Green, yellow and red around the gauges is far, far to vibrant..for an aircraft as old as dirt. To me it stands out in every screenshot.

Its needs toning down, ageing, weathering... 

If you are refering to the P3D version, please see page 56 of the Simulator Manual for an explanation of why they look like new. If you are rafering to MSFS then I quote the relevant section below:-

"To get the familiar glow-in-the-dark (radioluminescence), instrument faces at this time were painted with a mixture of radium-226 and zinc sulphide. Zinc sulphide is a phosphor (a material that glows when excited from another source), which was then doped with one of three agents to change the colour: copper (which gives the familiar mid-green glow), silver (which gives a bright blue-green glow) and copper sulphite (which gives a yellow-white glow). The phosphor degrades relatively fast and at this time the dials could lose luminosity in as little as three years. This could also partly explain the variation in instrument panels as each aircraft would have had the instruments replaced up to three times over its lifetime. "

So if the aircraft had survived until modern times, the instruments would have been replaced multiple times. I hope this explains it.

Edited by dragonflightdesign
  • Like 1