Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas Jackson

Severe Texture Re-draw Popping post SU12

17 minutes ago, xenonsk said:

No. Just normal flight. I've tried LOD from 100 to 400, rolling cache on and off, but nothing helped.

It won't.  There is nothing you can do and nothing you are doing wrong, it is simply down to Asobo.

These issues are core to the visuals in the sim, so they really need to get on top of it.  The water exclusion bug they just introduced is another one that needs fixing with some urgency.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 hours ago, tup61 said:

Interesting. I noticed this problem yesterday for the first time (textures loading in blocks during approach, DX11) but it was after I used time acceleration which I normally never use... so I thought it was due to that. I am curious to see if I'll have this problem again this evening if I don't use time acceleration.

Did anyone who has this problem use time accel perhaps...? Or slew?

I have seen it for the first time ever this week as well. Never before.

I do not use time acceleration.

Intel i7-10700K OC 5.0 GHz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB OC 2145 MHz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming | AiO cooler Corsair H115i Pro XT 2x140 mm | Corsair RM850x 850W Gold | Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow | Monitor 32" LG UltraGear 32GK850G G-Sync 1440p

6 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

It won't.  There is nothing you can do and nothing you are doing wrong, it is simply down to Asobo.

These issues are core to the visuals in the sim, so they really need to get on top of it.  The water exclusion bug they just introduced is another one that needs fixing with some urgency.

Actually you can solve it, using the google tile replacement tool.

So it's specifically linked to MSFS / Bing peer.

Edited by roland_lfor

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

28 minutes ago, roland_lfor said:

Actually you can solve it, using the google tile replacement tool.

So it's specifically linked to MSFS / Bing peer.

Sure Roland.  Thanks.  Not trying to be picky, but that is a work-around really rather than a cure. 

Some people won't use it.  I have looked at it but I am unsure if google might start blocking it in future under their terms of use.  It is a possibility.

MS / Asobo really need to fix it; that is the proper answer.  I just hope we don't have to wait too long!  :unsure:

Edited by bobcat999

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

Sure Roland.  Thanks.  Not trying to be picky, but that is a work-around really rather than a cure. 

Some people won't use it.  I have looked at it but I am unsure if google might start blocking it in future under their terms of use.  It is a possibility.

MS / Asobo really need to fix it; that is the proper answer.  I just hope we don't have to wait too long!  :unsure:

I only wanted to highlight that "These issues are core to the visuals in the sim" is a wrong assumption 😉

I agree it's a (maybe dirty) workaround.

• Like 1

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

I believe that the cause of current issue is simple: the different LODs of a same tile are not comming from the same imagery pass.

What we are seeing is maybe an artefact of seasons devpt? (that should be hidden by Bing engine)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Roland

1 hour ago, roland_lfor said:

I believe that the cause of current issue is simple: the different LODs of a same tile are not comming from the same imagery pass.

What we are seeing is maybe an artefact of seasons devpt? (that should be hidden by Bing engine)

You could be on to something.  Sometimes the tiles just have a different colour to them when they change.  They seem to show a slightly darker green cast to them as they change rather than a completely different tile, almost like a semi-transparent overlay with a different tint to it.

It looks similar to when Bijan was experimenting with seasonal tints, except of course this is happening at close range.  There is a definite radius to it around the aircraft.

Edited by bobcat999

1 hour ago, roland_lfor said:

This is exactly my conclusion. Just check my 2nd screenshot on pg. 1 of this thread, if you wish.

They are obviously tiles of the same place, but taken at totally different times. The main tiles, on the top of it, are processed the usual way before loading to MSFS. They have this yellowish, sunny, positive feel to them. The other set looks much colder and there's no postprocessing applied on it. {They look exactly as the Google replacement tiles, to be honest. They seem to have higher res. as well. That's why my constant suspicion they are remains of my experimenting with the Google replacement... I guess we all played with it in the past, didn't we?)

I was able to reproduce the same effect in the World Map. Seeing from high altitude, I get the std. yellowish tiles.. Then, just before getting almost as low as possible, suddenly the much colder looking tile(s) appear, but when zooming maximum in (the lowest altitude) the usual std. tiles are back again. As if the two sets of tiles were fighting which one shall be displayed.

BUT:

It happens only locally (I am aware of one region so far), I can fly on other myriad places without this disturbance in this amazing software Asobo/MS gave us. Being professionally involved in software development myself, albeit totally different industry, I can't stop myself from being constantly amazed by how much effort Asobo still puts into something which has been released already 2.5 years ago...

• Like 1

Intel i7-10700K OC 5.0 GHz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB OC 2145 MHz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming | AiO cooler Corsair H115i Pro XT 2x140 mm | Corsair RM850x 850W Gold | Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow | Monitor 32" LG UltraGear 32GK850G G-Sync 1440p

Initial altitude in World Map:

2023-03-28-21-15-47-Window.png

Closer...

2023-03-28-21-16-45-Window.png

Even closer...

2023-03-28-21-17-28-Window.png

Even closer 2...

2023-03-28-21-17-56-Window.png

The closest...

2023-03-28-21-19-00-Window.png

Or this one. I guess this one says it all...

2023-03-28-21-12-23-Window.png

Is anybody else, who experiences this, also a former user of the Google texture replacement mod, please?

Edited by David_CSA

20 minutes ago, David_CSA said:

Is anybody else, who experiences this, also a former user of the Google texture replacement mod, please?

Me. I've tried it about year ago. But problems for me started recently. Do you think, that there are some leftovers?

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

I downloaded the google map mod but never actually used it in the end, and I have these problems.