Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas Jackson

Severe Texture Re-draw Popping post SU12

5 hours ago, David_CSA said:

Is anybody else, who experiences this, also a former user of the Google texture replacement mod, please?

I've never used the Google mod or DX12. I've been flying in Australia since last summer, and it's been happening at Mount Beauty and a couple other areas. When I returned to New Zealand recently, it started happening way too often, many different locations, daily. Made me think it's related to green textures only. 😅

Edited by Bones62

25 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

I went back to DX11 and that seems to have solved it for me.

Try flying low and slow over the Mount Beauty (YMBT) area in Australia.

Having experienced this issue on and off during the last 18 months, I have observed the following:

• It cannot reliably be reproduced. I can fly over an area and have the symptoms, then fly the next day over the same area and not have them (and vice versa). I've disabled local caching, so I don't believe caching is a factor.
  • It happens with both DX11 and DX12.
  • It's not tied to specific hardware. I have an AMD workstation and a Nvidia laptop, and I've seen the behavior on both.
  • It's not tied to certain geographic areas. I've flown close to 1500 hours, around the globe, and I've seen it pretty much everywhere at one time or another.
  • I've experienced the behavior also at a smaller scale, whilst developing sceneries in Dev Mode, primarily with grass tiles.

Anecdotal:

• It happens a lot more after updates. SU12 certainly seems to have produced a flurry of commentary about it.

My assessment, fwiw, this a server-side issue and it possibly relates to the snow/season layer, because the behavior is so much more apparent in areas with snow cover.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Odd. This was prevalent in the DX12 early (earlier?) days. Since the last the SU12 I have used DX12 far more often and noticed less "popping" around airports. When the servers were bad, it was worse.

In the past, it happened at payware and freeware scenery alike. I don't really notice it anymore, however. I do notice other object popping, as it were, when I'm panning around in the sim using the drone mode.

I fly a mix of GA and airliners (mostly IFR) so I guess I am not noticing enough of this.

TLDR: Could it be a server issue?

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

On 3/30/2023 at 12:23 AM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I did.

Thank you l for sharing the link. Their description of the issue is spot on. 

And btw it is interesting to see that our discussion here is developing along the same lines as the discussion on flighsimulator.com. Multiple people are experiencing this as you write...

• Like 1

Intel i7-10700K OC 5.0 GHz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB OC 2145 MHz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming | AiO cooler Corsair H115i Pro XT 2x140 mm | Corsair RM850x 850W Gold | Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow | Monitor 32" LG UltraGear 32GK850G G-Sync 1440p

On 3/30/2023 at 6:06 AM, gunther said:

Having experienced this issue on and off during the last 18 months, I have observed the following:

• It cannot reliably be reproduced. I can fly over an area and have the symptoms, then fly the next day over the same area and not have them (and vice versa). I've disabled local caching, so I don't believe caching is a factor.

Thank you. I have to agree with many of your observations. (Although my experience is it is tied just to a specific geographic area, but who knows...) I noticed it also only since SU12.

The whole thing is strange: I was experiencing it every day in that specific area this week. BUT: Not yesterday! And the only thing I did was switching from Dx12 to Dx11 and later back to Dx12. Everytime restarting the application and clearing the shader cache... 

A server issue? It could be...

And what about influence of weather? E.g. temperature? Why does the application know on one day what imagery to use and the next day it is hesitating between two or multiple texture sets? Why oh why? 🙂

Intel i7-10700K OC 5.0 GHz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB OC 2145 MHz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming | AiO cooler Corsair H115i Pro XT 2x140 mm | Corsair RM850x 850W Gold | Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow | Monitor 32" LG UltraGear 32GK850G G-Sync 1440p

Oh dear, more boring bugs in yet another update :sad: I thought it was just me, so gave it a wide birth and decided to ignore it, putting it down to perhaps just a 'one off,' then I just came across this thread. Yes, I experienced exactly the same, never experienced it before, ever, only the day after updating to SU12 last week. Flying from Digital Design's Lyon to Orbx Asturias, loads of tiles loading and unloading as I was about half way through the flight. 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Good to know that I'm not alone with this issue.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

4 hours ago, Nemo said:

Good to know that I'm not alone with this issue.

Sure, but I wonder how long it will be before it gets mended.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Being Elderly and doing Flight Simulation Before actually Real life flying, we all, who do this hobby know that 95% of flight simulation is tracking down problems and finding fixes. Remember how a Certain company starting with the letter "C" , EVERY aircraft had to be fixed. Eventually the aircraft would be....OK or just put away. We spent ALOT of money back then. Reading all the posts its obvious its NOT DX11 or DX12. Its not settings. It is most likely server related. Many say this morning it did not work and this afternoon it did. It would be questionable if ONE person said this. The forums expose problems and it is HOW we fix things and come to logical conclusions. It, most likely is known by Asobo and they are NOT going to ignore this. I JUST experienced this for the first time yesterday as I have only had MSFS installed for a month. Flew low and slow 3G8 Geneseo Illinois, IT WAS UNBEARABLE. So I went to KTNP Twenty Nine Palms California and everything was great. I re-installed my FSX Acceleration on my new computer as I have around $4000 worth of software for it. I use the Orbx and the whole western half of the US in Megascenery. The coloring of Illinois megascenery is this incorrect green and when I flew MSFS in the same areas it is THE EXACT same green???  I turned on FSX after being frustrated with the NEW MSFS problem. I enjoyed using my A2a "STICK" aircraft with no problems. It takes 10 minutes to set up between YOKE and STICK. I flew the MSFS Bell 206 low, and this is where I saw UNBEARABLE tiling problems. Being completely frustrated having JUST spent $4500 on a new computer and 2 months setting up software and hardware...finding this forum was a RELIEF. THANKS TO ALL for your help and input. I believe it will and HAS to be fixed as it is almost unusable in its worst state of bad TILING. Rockliffe, I have seen you in forums since WAY back when. Read MANY of your responses. Bert Pieke was the fixer of so much back then. Also I MISS Reality XP GNS as the one in MSFS is GREATLY lacking.

I think I've lost all hope of Asobo fixing this. From somebody's post in the tile issue bug thread in the official MSFS forum regarding Isle of Man (https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aerial-ground-tiles-changing-popping-in/547197/438?replies_to_post_number=438):

Here’s the reply I got when I filed a bug report on this for EGNS. “ Thank you for filing this report. In speaking with our Dev Team Contact, the World Scenery Team is aware of this. However, remediation requires entirely new UK region Aerial Data, which is not currently planned.”

Substitute "world" for "UK" in their response, and there you have it. 😡

Edited by Bones62

12 hours ago, Bones62 said:

I think I've lost all hope of Asobo fixing this. From somebody's post in the tile issue bug thread in the official MSFS forum regarding Isle of Man (https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aerial-ground-tiles-changing-popping-in/547197/438?replies_to_post_number=438😞

Here’s the reply I got when I filed a bug report on this for EGNS. “ Thank you for filing this report. In speaking with our Dev Team Contact, the World Scenery Team is aware of this. However, remediation requires entirely new UK region Aerial Data, which is not currently planned.”

Substitute "world" for "UK" in their response, and there you have it. 😡

I noticed that over the Isle Of Man literally the day that world update came out, it's unsurprising Asobo/MS wont do anything as their "Quality Control" since launch as been abysmal in soooo many areas.

"Oh look we have an issue, brush it under the carpet and move on"

Edited by MarcG
  • Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

8 hours ago, MarcG said:

I noticed that over the Isle Of Man literally the day that world update came out, it's unsurprising Asobo/MS wont do anything as their "Quality Control" since launch as been abysmal in soooo many areas.

"Oh look we have an issue, brush it under the carpet and move on"

If I had known the Bing data they used was going to be continuously updated, I'm not sure I would have bought MSFS. Every time Bing updates, we get more problems.

Asobo: But look, shiny things! Every few months you get new/old P3D add-on airports converted to work with MSFS, a new aircraft, some POI, and some bush trips.

Me: Fix the problems!

Edited by Bones62
  • Like 1