Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas Jackson

Severe Texture Re-draw Popping post SU12

Any news on the original topic, please?

Intel i7-10700K OC 5.0 GHz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB OC 2145 MHz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming | AiO cooler Corsair H115i Pro XT 2x140 mm | Corsair RM850x 850W Gold | Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow | Monitor 32" LG UltraGear 32GK850G G-Sync 1440p

Its now mid September and this problem still exists.  Ive been following the official Asobo thread since first experiencing it myself a number of weeks ago south of Geneva.  The popping tiles occured when flying low and disappeared when I climbed say above 1500 feet approx (not sure exactly).  They clearly show different imagery, many a time completely different colours and even content like taken years later.  Like others said the problem even exists on the world map and even browing Bing Maps on a browser and zooming in and out at the affected regions demonstrates the same problem - different images pop in at certain zoom levels. I should add I tested on a default set up and even deleted ALL the World Updates, which did not help.

Asobo need to somehow block the lowest level LOD tiles.  They are relying on Bing, which is constantly evolving but have little or no control what it is injecting into the sim.  Whole thing is spreading as it was originally only a minor issue at the Isle of Man in the UK.  The only 'fix' so far is to use the Map Replacement mod and select Google Maps.  Bing's Latest seems to also have the problem though sometimes its ok.

Chris

Edited by cj-ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

On 3/28/2023 at 11:50 AM, AnkH said:

Just another example of half baked MSFS misery ignored by the devs for months, if not years. More important to add more and more stuff to the sim nobody needs instead of once taking half a year to get those basics right. Slightly enough of this shat, seriously....

more than a YEAR later, and still no solution.

What a joke of a company Asobo is...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ypaul123 said:

more than a YEAR later, and still no solution.

What a joke of a company Asobo is...

Yep.  It's not good is it?  In my case I spotted it over two years ago actually, at St. Barts.  The silence on this is issue deafening.

I wouldn't go so far as to call them a joke (especially as it isn't funny), but people need to realise that when the Asobo guys are doing all the lovey-dovey Twitch session stuff and talking about the community and open communication etc., that this issue, and the DX12 bleed through problem have been going on for some time, and if they do bother to reply on the subject (which is normally very brief if and when they feel like it) their answer will be to either plead ignorance, or claim that they thought they had already fixed it. 

They also claim that they read their own forums.  Either they don't, or the 'Community' managers don't pass the info on, or they tell them to go quiet on it. 
It has gotten to the stage that I only have limited trust for them now.  I think Jorg and MS are actually alright and Jorg's heart is in the right place, but Asobo seem to purposefully misunderstand issues sometimes. 

It happens far too often, and started from the first series of updates over three years ago, when they zapped the excellent original night lighting, and said they thought people were complaining about it, when people were disappointed with the original sepia masks, that was all.  This fails one of the most important stages of quality control, validation of the problem - Check that you understand what the problem is before you try to set about fixing something.  They are poor at this.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

7 minutes ago, ypaul123 said:

That is something different but still another of my pet hates.  Runway / taxiway signs that pop in with a draw distance of a few hundred meters for some reason, and is not adjustable by altering LOD settings.

We can have excellent photorealistic airports now, with all kinds of airliner traffic parked at the gates, and great view distances, but the runway / taxiway signs pop in right in front of your face.  And Asobo don't see this and think 'that's a bit poor'?

It's a state of the art graphic engine though, as you can see by the shadows and reflection artifacts close to the cockpit window frames when flying over water.  :rolleyes:

The worst disappointment will be if all of these things still persist in Asobo's new graphic engine for 2024.  Let's hope not.

• Upvote 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

13 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

That is something different but still another of my pet hates.  Runway / taxiway signs that pop in with a draw distance of a few hundred meters for some reason, and is not adjustable by altering LOD settings.

We can have excellent photorealistic airports now, with all kinds of airliner traffic parked at the gates, and great view distances, but the runway / taxiway signs pop in right in front of your face.  And Asobo don't see this and think 'that's a bit poor'?

It's a state of the art graphic engine though, as you can see by the shadows and reflection artifacts close to the cockpit window frames when flying over water.  :rolleyes:

The worst disappointment will be if all of these things still persist in Asobo's new graphic engine for 2024.  Let's hope not.

they're too busy developing worthless addons no one likes or needs like Dune and other $hit.

5 hours ago, ypaul123 said:

they're too busy developing worthless addons no one likes or needs like Dune and other $hit.

How many times does it need to be repeated that they have different teams responsible for different things?

The Add On Team is not the same that fixes bugs and issues with the core sim.

10 hours ago, Farlis said:

How many times does it need to be repeated that they have different teams responsible for different things?

Although that is often repeated, is there there any firm evidence for that?
There may be some cross-over, because this 'Add-on Team' cannot just be constantly doing Add-ons, as there aren't enough. 

How many have we had in nearly 4 years?  Three?  Top-gun, Reno, Dune.  They would either be hiring and firing for each add-on, or moving them around.

And a Twitch session seems to imply Seb himself got involved in the Ornithopter.

Not that it matters much anyway, they can still do all the add-ons they want for all I care, but they ned to respond to the core issues in a reasonable time frame.  The issues with the tiles is not good at all.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

How many have we had in nearly 4 years?  Three? 

19. Every World Update is also an add on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

19. Every World Update is also an add on.

Sure - good point if you class them as add-ons rather than just scenery enhancement.  That is scenery design and I dare say you included the City Updates as well. 
That would be separate scenery design teams, and some of them are third part like Gaya and Orbx as we know.

The updates I am on about above require some programming, like with the Dune Ornithopter, not just scenery.
Like I say though, it matters not one iota if they can fix the core issues in the sim. 

The DX11 tile popping started about 2 years ago.  Most would consider that as not a good performance for such a main issue in a sim that prides itself on having the best scenery.
This is the main issue.  Stating where staff reside can turn it into a distraction from the main issue I suppose.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Farlis said:

If this is truly the case, maybe they should swap the teams around and get the prolific add-on's team to start working on the core sim and have the "slow to react" core sim team create the optional add-ons. 🙂

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Very happy with DX12 and MSFS on both pc’s. No bleed though issues ….

Sometimes tile popping but most of the time not.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Very happy with DX12 and MSFS on both pc’s. No bleed though issues ….

Sometimes tile popping but most of the time not.

I would like to know what you do differently to avoid the DX12 bleed through errors, as they are quite widespread.

Do you have many airports in your Community folder.  One hunch is that it happens when people go over a certain number of add-on airports.

A similar issue happens with sim objects as we know.  E.g. when a lot of sim objects are added such as AI traffic, and global shipping etc., objects start to disappear or not render properly due to an artificial limit on objects that Asobo has imposed..

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I would like to know what you do differently to avoid the DX12 bleed through errors

My guess is that he probably doesn't use the external view, given his setup.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models