Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

AI traffic disappeared with FSLTL

I've just completed LHR-ATH-LHR with FSLTL providing AI traffic.

Lots of traffic on departure from LHR and lots on arrival at ATH but when I returned to LHR there wasn't a single aircraft on the ground. But, there were still lots of aircraft in the sky and they were attempting to land at LHR but every time they executed a go around.

Any ideas from anyone?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

10 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Any ideas from anyone?

Yeah, Asobo "started" on AI traffic with SU12. Glad they didn't marked it as "fixed" already.
Played around a bit with AI traffic since SU12 release. Not impressed. AI Traffic or Real Time Live Traffic is the worst part of this sim.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

I don’t understand how ATH had aircraft on arrival but when I flew back to LHR there was nothing and traffic all went around (which wasn’t happening when I left LHR). 

64.0 GB RAM

I have been noticing this also, did a flight from Sydney yssy  which had traffic..then off to YBBN.  No Traffic at all.

mike

I saw it too. Had no traffic at EDDF. Not one single plane at the airport. There still were planes flying. Later the same at KROA. AI traffic in the air but no planes at the airport.

Is there a new thing after SU12?

64.0 GB RAM

Just did another roud trip LHR-FAO-LHR and on arrival back into LHR no AI traffic again. They were landing but just disappearing on the runway. No extra static aircraft on stands (despite me selecting that option in FSLTL). It's a complete immersion killer.

P3D had this sorted, can't believe AI in MSFS is so bad. Is there any way to fix this?!

• Like 1

64.0 GB RAM

Yeah. Had mine disappear most of the flight to only show up about 5 miles on final. That was a fun stutter fest. Loading all of those planes at once.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I would uninstall and reinstall the fsltl program.  I had this happen once after updating tht program.  A reinstall of everything fixed it

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I uninstalled and reinstalled, flew LHR-MAD-LHR today and on arrival back at LHR, once again, NO AI aircraft on the ground.

They're in the air, they're approaching the airport but everytime they attempt to land, they go around.

This is a complete immersion killer - someone must be able to help with this?

I've also noticed when I land at LHR, since this 'ghost airport' phenomenom the FPS has dropped a bit as well.

64.0 GB RAM

. . . . .and I've just spent almost all day, futzing around with this sim, trying to get FSLTL and/or FS Traffic to show up.. I had it working three weeks ago, when I last fired it up, (Drz's fantastic KRNT!) - and then a few days ago, Bert (Pieke) suggested a fine SamScene Vancouver addon scenery that also includes CYYJ.. Like him, I'm also a PNW flyer, so I thought I'd give it a go. I made a simple flight plan, followed the startup "this and that" routine, and sat, waiting for the big things to begin showing up. Nothing. Nothing landing; nothing at any gates; nothing taxying. I am so sick of this sim: its incredible scenery has ruined almost any chance of "going back" to - even the latest P3x, or XP - (which needs weeks to download enough Ortho to even come close to it). Update after update after update, and still a sim that is totally unpredictable from one day to the next. Sorry for the rant. I just don't know where to go next.

Edited by Paul J

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Well, I started up this morning, loaded FSLTL, MSFS, sat on the grass at Toronto Pearson in a 172 - and watched a large airport fully working, without issues: couldn't see a thing wrong, and yet had made no changes to any files. It's just about perfect - and now I'm one step closer to being locked away!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I downloaded the experimental version of FSLTL and I'm happy to report that in addition to what @Paul J observed, the planes are no longer landing 3/4 down the runway. One or two go arounds happened but I did not use a flight plan API. This was at KLAX.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Also noticed that AI traffic is showing again on the TDS GTN750 Traffic page with the latest experimental version

• Like 1