Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Insufficient Bandwidth/Switched to Offline Mode

This has now happened to me 3 times in the last 2 hours!!  No issue with my internet connection (its Ethernet) and I'm running at 500mbs - go figure.

Getting a bit p...d off with this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sniper31 said:

Same for me.  

And me - I see it in bursts: I can go weeks with no problems then it'll happen several times a day.

18 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not even sure that is a thing... I was ethernet connected for years and then had to switch to WiFi with a different Internet Provider.  First, I tried a USB WiFi stick and got pauses, but after switching to an internal Intel WiFi card, I have not noticed any problems at all..

If you really want ethernet you can probably buy a compatible router with connector sockets, rather than go with the one provided by your ISP.  However WiFi should be perfectly fine as long as you don't live in a vast mansion and your butler has placed the router in a far-off wing.

25 minutes ago, Millingp said:

This has now happened to me 3 times in the last 2 hours!!  No issue with my internet connection (its Ethernet) and I'm running at 500mbs - go figure.

Getting a bit p...d off with this.

Welcome to the club... 😉

Bert

Whatever you do, do NOT let it change to offline mode. Just close the window and carry on with your life/flight.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

6 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Whatever you do, do NOT let it change to offline mode. Just close the window and carry on with your life/flight.

Well.. 
Only if you want to go back to Flightsim 1995...
The scenery looks awfull.

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

Happened to me right after the download.  My opinion, as I've stated here before, it is a Microsoft server problem.

New upgrade, so everyone jumps in for the download, then they want to try it out, so all of a sudden the servers are bombarded with all this traffic that it doesn't have the capacity to handle.  After a few days when things get back to normal it gets back into the load it can handle, and the problem eases off except in peak times, such as Saturday mornings, which is when it happen last with me.  Heavy loads on Saturday mornings, because people are at home flying their sims and not at work

So, until they upgrade their servers, we will just have to live with it. Good luck with that.

Roy

Edit: The insufficient bandwidth is Microsoft's insufficient bandwidth, not yours.

Edited by Roy Warren
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

The insufficient bandwidth is Microsoft's insufficient bandwidth, not yours.

Well said.

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Anyone flying regularly & not had this problem, say from February 2023 onwards?

Not one Bandwidth Insufficient message, nor been switched to Offline?

If so, which server are you using?

T45

2 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

If so, which server are you using?

T45

As best I know, you do not have a choice of servers to connect to, unless you use a VPN to connect in another country..

• Upvote 1

Bert

Hi, Has anyone found a solution to this problem?  Or are we all waiting for a patch? Thanks. 

Windows 11 | MSI PRO X670-P WIFI AM5 Motherboard | AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D | MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 24GB SUPREME  X | CORSAIR VENG 4800 DDR5 | WD 1TB M.2 | WD 2TB M.2 | LG - OLED48C14LB 48" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR | Seasonic Vertex GX 1200W PSW.