Sign in to follow this  
Rimshot

WT GNS 530/430 slightly confused

Hi gang,

Am I right in believing the WT GNS 530/430 is the default GNS in the sim? If so, why do I still have a WT GNS 530/430 in my content manager? The other day I purchased the Carenado Archer. The only way I could get the WT GNS 430 to show was by installing it from the content manager, so I figured it's not the default GNS. The Black Square Bonanza however did not require this, so then it seems the WT GNS 530/430 is the default... What gives?

Edited by Rimshot

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

14 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Hi gang,

Am I right in believing the WT GNS 530/430 is the default GNS in the sim? If so, why do I still have a WT GNS 530/430 in my content manager? The other day I purchased the Carenado Archer. The only way I could get the WT GNS 430 to show was by installing it from the content manager, so I figured it's not the default GNS. The Black Square Bonanza however did not require this, so then it seems the WT GNS 530/430 is the default... What gives?

Some aircraft require this to redirect them to the new GNS gauges.  Newer releases already point to the WT gauge.

• Like 1

Bert

Would be nice to have a list of each to help with managing...

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I agree. It is very confusing. None of them seem to work on all aircraft. One will work with Carenado and blacksquare, but will not work in nav/gps mode with others such as the Milviz C310. But the one that works with the 310 will give blank screens with, for example, the Justflight Arrows and Archer. It would be nice to have one that works in all modes with all aircraft.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, monica6211 said:

But the one that works with the 310 will give blank screens with, for example, the Justflight Arrows and Archer.

JustFlight is working on an updated release... expected out this week.. It should all be fixed, soon. 😉

• Like 1

Bert

5 hours ago, Rimshot said:

Am I right in believing the WT GNS 530/430 is the default GNS in the sim?

I would say that newer airplane updates have been changed to refer to the WT 530, which kind of makes it the "default".

If you go to your Content Manager and search for "Working Title", you will find entries that are very small, xx KB, not MB.  They are the ones that redirect the calls to the new WT gauges for airplanes that still call the AS 530.  The naming is indeed confusing 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Some aircraft require this to redirect them to the new GNS gauges.  Newer releases already point to the WT gauge.

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I would say that newer airplane updates have been changed to refer to the WT 530, which kind of makes it the "default".

If you go to your Content Manager and search for "Working Title", you will find entries that are very small, xx KB, not MB.  They are the ones that redirect the calls to the new WT gauges for airplanes that still call the AS 530.  The naming is indeed confusing 😉

Thanks Bert, the small redirect file is version 1.1.4, while the 'normal' file is version 1.1.3. And it's all the same unit... Confusing indeed!

Cheers, Bert

We are forced to have them different versions due to how the package system works.

The list of officially supported planes is in the AAU1 release notes. All other planes are not officially supported. If a second or third party aircraft has done the work to properly integrate the new GNS then it will be the default and not require the Marketplace redirect, but you would need to contact the developers to see, as we don't have a list of everyone who has finished integration.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for clearing that up Matt.

Cheers, Bert