Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Wizard of Oz

Direct x 10 features in FSX what would u like to see

Hi Tero,Sweet shots! If those screenshots were taken on your computer, would you mind telling us what type it is and what its specs are? Thanks.

Guest ted320

> I want to see the flash from the beacon light reflect off the clouds if you're in solid cloud. It can create a neat disorientating effect.Yeah I remember this from FS5.I would like to see grass on airfields, Aces have added grass to their tracks in the previews of Train Sim, I hope to see grass by my taxiways in FS.Also cloud shadow and HDR lighting.

I'll be happy to both 1)point out, again, that we are not making the magic screenies come to life2)take lumps for something I didnt do, eg release the magic screenies and mis-set expectations.Really, tone down the expectations. First off, we have to live within the DX9 content we have. That imposes its own limitations. Second off, we cannot rewrite major subsystems like clouds to render them a completely different way. That also imposes a set of limitations.

Alpha fade on autogen! No one has mentioned it!RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest sssummer

Is an volumetric light when light shines on AI aircraft, the ground, etc at airports, so everything isn't so dark? If so, this is a must feature if not in FSX, than please in FS11. Much needed. I'm sure this is a resource hog, but would add a hundred times to the look of the sim.Although not DX10 related, in the next update I would like to see the autogen fade returned, and the autogen size of the structures reduced! The buildings, especially the houses, are way too big. Like 100% too big. And they probably take up more resources than necessary due to the extra texture needed to cover the oversized structures. If you fly using FSX Megascenery, and look at the real photo size of structures, vs the autogen on top of the photo, you will see what I mean. Brian S.

>Is an volumetric light when light shines on AI aircraft, the>ground, etc at airports, so everything isn't so dark? If so,>this is a must feature if not in FSX, than please in FS11. >Much needed. I'm sure this is a resource hog, but would add a>hundred times to the look of the sim.>The way I understand it, an example of volumetric light would be when you look at a cloud in the distance and you can see rays of sunlight showing through cloud onto the ground

I couldn't agree more. I hate the Autogen pop. I also want the snow fixed back to the way FS9 was. I really don't like the spikey (Javeline) type snow effect!

Guest MauiHawk

Thanks Phil. But please, pass those lumps on to marketing rather than absorb them yourself, eh?Though I think I have my expectations somewhat in check, I'm still excited about SP2... any chance we'll see your next blog update today, or will that come later this week?

Not today. We are in final crunch and until that is done I wont know exactly what is in and what is out.Note - its less than 4 months since we shipped SP1. That should scope the amount of effort we have been able to put into DX10. And set expectations accordingly.

>Not today. We are in final crunch and until that is done I>wont know exactly what is in and what is out.>>Note - its less than 4 months since we shipped SP1. That>should scope the amount of effort we have been able to put>into DX10. And set expectations accordingly."Final crunch". I love your phrases, Phil. Perhaps someone should collect them all and make list. :-lol Anyway, thanks for the info. It is appreciated.

"Currently the side of the plane that faces the sunset, gleams in the different light. This is quite weird when I am flying in 3-mile visibility and 100% cloud cover."Here is an example of what I am talking about:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177845.jpgLook at other (real-world) pictures of planes in dense fog/low vis and you will see what I mean. The screenshot above is taken in 1/2-mile vis, 100% cloud-cover and at dusk.

That's great but what are we getting? Since it's not waves, God rays, shrubbery/grasses, etc....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I want to see DX10 available for Windows XP. Way too many people fighting Vista upgrades and driver issues. Bob...