Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Wizard of Oz

Direct x 10 features in FSX what would u like to see

Guest MauiHawk

>Note - its less than 4 months since we shipped SP1. That>should scope the amount of effort we have been able to put>into DX10.... while many of us have been waiting for it for the better part of a year, with DX10 hardware and Vista purchased with it in mind. I don't expect the impossible from you given your time constraints, but I hope you can understand me being anxious to apply my $500 worth of investment toward its intended purpose after all this time.Given the choice between fuming at M$ and my own naiveness for originally buying off on the FSX DX10 hype in wholesale fashion vs. being excited about the SP2 patch and seeing FSX run even better than it is now (thanks to SP1), I'd much rather spend time doing the later.

Hi,That's the one!OMG, would you look at that! HOW in the HECK did they get a RENDITION into VISTA? OR MAYBE someone saw this PHOTO in VISTA BETA, RENDERED it, and said MAYBE this is what DX10 will look like. ANYONE here want to suggest that? HECK NO, nobody will. Why not? Because then, the RENDITION fades away and nobody can point to it and say: "ALL THIS WAS PROMISED TO US A LONG TIME AGO. WE WANT IT ALL NOW". Just like the spoiled little girl in the movie "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". And we all know what happened to her! Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Hi Jim,I know. IMHO Vista with FSX is a mess. Plus a small number of people keep drooling over the same fake picture which has nothing to do with flying simulated airplanes. (the lake picture.) But I understand the target market is gamers. We have been dumped for 12 year old's. Party on Garth..... LOL. Bob..:)

1. Any processing item to move from CPU to the GPU2. Bloom without FPS hit.3. Water wake and animated waves for the shores.4. Fog (real nice IMC)5. NO BLURRIES, 6. NO BLURRIES, 7. NO BLURRIES!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Depends on whether you have flown float planes. Have you?. Swells and wave motion greatly affect your piloting. So I don't entirely agree with you.WOZ

> Note - its less than 4 months since we shipped SP1. That should scope the amount of effort > we have been able to put into DX10. And set expectations accordingly.??? 4 months effort on DX10?It was mentioned by tail dragger in early 2006 that the work on DX10 had to be stopped in order for the DX9 version to be shipped on time. A blog even on your own website in January confirms work was continuing on DX10 then:"In terms of DX10, we have continued to make progress albeit slow. So DX10 will be after SP1."http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...1-and-dx10.aspx

>Although not DX10 related, in the next update I would like to>see the autogen fade returned, and the autogen size of the>structures reduced! The buildings, especially the houses, are>way too big. Like 100% too big. And they probably take up more>resources than necessary due to the extra texture needed to>cover the oversized structures. If you fly using FSX>Megascenery, and look at the real photo size of structures, vs>the autogen on top of the photo, you will see what I mean. I agree the autogen buildings and trees look way too big!

Matthew S

Excuse me? I am a hard-core FS simmer and a real world flyer. I fly not just for manipulation of airplane controls but for the scenery viewed from above. So, naturally, the improved scenery and textures in the sim matters greatly to me and that does not classify me as a 12 year old gamer. Somehow I don't think I am alone in this.

>autogen size of the structures reduced! Hey, that's a very good point. Autogen objects are WAY too big.To a large extent this contributes to the "trees around airstrips" problem we see so much of. If the trees were a more realistic height, a lot of these issues would be null.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yup, we had 1 dev working on the device infrastructure, including multi-mon. And that was done around the time of SP1. That was wireframe only, though. We didnt have feature parity with DirectX9 until about a month ago. Also per my blog.So that leaves how long for DirectX10-specific feature development?

Guest MauiHawk

>I would like to see people walking in the streets, flight>attendants bringing hot coffee to the crew, and above all,>mosquitos squashed on the car's windshield.>Thank you Santa Clause *:-* I keep reading this trying to decide if you are making fun of my suggestion specifically or the thread in general. My wish for DX calls from secondary cores is something that Phil himself hinted they were looking into, though he certainly didn't make any promises. So I don't think my wish here is really worthy of ridicule.(in the comments of these two posts... search for MauiHawk)http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...d.aspx#commentshttp://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...d.aspx#comments