Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Wizard of Oz

Direct x 10 features in FSX what would u like to see

I think FSX is pretty enough as it should be for this release, so I'd be happy if DX10 did no more than transfer the long overdue fair share of workload from the CPU over to the underworkded GPU and bring performance to the masses! Oh and cloud shadows if you can jimmy them in :-)Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

HiCloud shadow and volumetric fog and cloud are top in my list.touradg

Iransim Administrator

Microsoft Flight Simulator Add-on Developer Since 1998

Robert Goddard said: It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Where can I see the Crysis waves ?Re WOZ

Guest Thad

Judging by your use of "M$" you're probably a little too eager to see MS take flak whether deserved or not.Now you may ask yourself if the "magic screens" were an overly optimistic demonstration to push Vista sales or what FSX (DX10) would have looked like before Aces was "burned at the stake" over FSX (DX9) performance. I have no doubt that during the course of this year Aces has decided to scale back its vision of DX10 for concern of facing another angry mob of "slider challenged" people. In fact, Phil, made a post a while back alluding to the fact that they weren

Crysis has beautiful white snow flakes too, the best I've seen.http://au.gamespot.com/video/931665/617819...ameplay-movie-7There is no "level loading" or "scripting" in Crysis. It is all dynamically streamed and an open ended sandbox environment. The environment not only looks right, but it is fully interactive/breakable and the physics of everything modeled as well.

Guest tmholopa

in FSX im used to far better visuals what even UTX, scenerytech landclass and 10 meter mesh can offer in daylight. here are some screenshots of Megascenery X hawaii in its full glory autogen maxed, UTX night lights and BLOOMING, getting flyable 17-30 fps.http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index...pic=126355&st=0i have high expectations with DX 10, because i want to fly also in daylight with better visuals, autogen alignment is a joke at the moment full conifer forest in front nothing in the far distance. happy flights, tero

I would like it if, during the evening (if it is really cloudy) the side of the plane facing the setting sun wouldn't shine. currently the side of the plane that faces the sunset, gleams in the different light. This is quite weird when I am flying in 3-mile visibility and 100% cloud cover. I will try and post a screenshot of this in a second post.

>While I appreciate the fact that Phil has expressed regret>over the magic screenies and that we now know we can't expect>everything in them, it was perfectly reasonable at the time to>interpret them as a demonstration of what ACES thought>possible. In fact, that was the very point, wasn't it?>>If M$ is going to make overly optimistic demonstrations to>push sales of Vista, I think its fair that they take flak for>not living up to the demonstrations.I have to concur. There is a serious disconnect between these guys and their marketing department. As a customer, I for one am pretty tired of it. They will get flak from me if the dx10 patch does nothing but add a few fps. I want God rays, cloud shadows and better waves at the very least.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

>in FSX im used to far better visuals what even UTX,>scenerytech landclass and 10 meter mesh can offer in daylight.>>>here are some screenshots of Megascenery X hawaii in its full>glory autogen maxed, UTX night lights and BLOOMING, getting>flyable 17-30 fps.>>http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index...pic=126355&st=0>>>i have high expectations with DX 10, because i want to fly>also in daylight with better visuals, autogen alignment is a>joke at the moment full conifer forest in front nothing in the>far distance. >>happy flights, >>teroHi Tero,Fantastic screens, really.I too love the bloom effect.How do you get UT Europe lights working with FSX?

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Only one wish : CLOUD SHADOWS, The only way to me to improve FSX universe.And if time left, wish to add Rain effect and last grass on the ground.

>here are some screenshots of Megascenery X hawaii in its full>glory autogen maxed, UTX night lights and BLOOMING, getting>flyable 17-30 fps.>>http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index...pic=126355&st=0Very nice screenshots, but the white text on white background makes the OP and the replies impossible to actually read!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator