Sign in to follow this  
Guest toothless1

Addon aircraft and the Pushback tug contact point

Guest toothless1

My attempt to find this info via the "search engine" failed so letsthrow this question to the masses. I have a number of FS9 aircraftthat I have carried forward to FSX and have adjusted the location ofthe exits in the aircraft config to work with the jetways and luggagetrucks. MY QUESTION IS...how to I adjust the contact point for thePushback tug and the aircraft nose gear?

Guest luzian64

Did you ever receive a response to your question or did you figure it out? I have the same issue,

I don't know for certain - this is more of a guess - but I'd expect it to be the contact point for the nose gear.There is not a specific contact point for nose gear vs main gear - but one contact point is always much farther forward than the others.Also the wheel radius value might also have an impact.Many aircraft do not have the contact point for the gear set exactly at the visual gear location. The way weight and balance work in FS, some aircraft will not sit properly if the contact point and visual gear match up exactly.Do you have a specific aircraft which is a problem?Also understand that like the baggage loader and the jetway - much of the way the matchup occurs is in the model file of the pushback tug, not just the aircraft setup itself.

Guest luzian64

I am using a Meljet Boeing 747. I was able to get the jetway and baggage truck aligned and working properly but the tug is not aligned with the nose gear. It actually passes it up and starts pushing. If I can figure it out, that's the last thing to make the aircraft work like the defaults. Thanks for the help.

Hey Reggie,You're correct in that it uses the "nose" wheel locations. Last night for the fun of it, I was taking the DC-3 cross country and saw the push back tug sitting in front of me. Said, "What the heck!" and hit slash-P 1 to push back and swing the tail left.Here comes the tug, cept it won't stop and drives right through the fuselage and it connects to the tailwheel and does the pushback. When done I hit slash-P to stop and the tug backed out of the fuselage. It was funny to watch that in operation!Oh - I have crash detection turned off, so don't know if that would have been seen as a crash.Phill

Has anybody been able to solve this issue. I have just updated all my TFS aircraft to use Jan Martin's FDE and CFG files. The AI now perform well with take-off and landing distances far more realistic, but the pushback tug passes through the nosewheel before a connection is made. Please help.